Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bought another 5.0 to replace my 1991 GT that was taken by Hurricane Katrina. The car is 100% bone stock with chrome pony wheels and 180k on the clock. The AOD is DOA, so it starts but doesn't go anywhere. Thinking about dropping a Terminator Cobra or 5.4 Navi engine in it. I bought a junkyard twin turbo kit for a 5.0, so may fab up new pipes for a modular and go with that instead. Will remove the stock engine and tranny soon and post up the engine build on my website. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
build a Stroker 351W with two turbos, and stick a built AOD in the tunnel. Then make it quiet as hell, the perfect sleeper. exept for the turbo whine. that car looks really good though!! keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nice :bigthumbsup keep us posted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
what car did you get the twin turbo out of at the junkyard that works with the 5.0:headscratch:??

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Looks good. Bummer the tranny is shot but that can be fixed. I'd suggest a stroked Windsor unless you just want that "dare to be different" element because squeezing in a Terminator engine or a 5.4 in will take some serious mods.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't actually get it from the junkyard, it's just a home-fabbed kit I got from a dude who was selling it off his 1991 GT. It's not a specific kit like Hellion or whatever. It's just some guy with a welder who fabbed up the pipes and exhaust manifolds and added the intercooler and 2 Garrett T25 turbos from a 300ZX. It has standard T03/04 flanges so I can put bigger turbos in there if need be.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice, that will make some power. I cant wait to see what kind of beast you build. I am just a sucker for pushrod power, coupled with hairdryers.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Very nice car. Good luck on her and keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Beautiful looking Fox there.

"Dare to Be Different," eh, Eagle? I like that idea.

Dare to Be Different, forditude!

Keep us posted!

-YB

·
Registered
297 Posts
thats a clean looking car you got there. DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!! dare i say? dare to be dohc/tt?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I agree, Dare To Be Different. Be quite a ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.