Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pics of my Revell '06 Mustang GT

12K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  05capepony 
#1 ·
Here is a couple of pics of my Revell Mustang GT. I put 2005 on the licence plate and painted it screaming yellow to match my GT. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude,

Those pics are great. I've got a black GT w/Red leather/Charcoal inside, and none of the 1:18 diecast models so far duplicate the Stang. On our 73 Mach 1, I found a 1:18 diecast black 73 Mach 1, and added a rear spoiler, front spoiler, and some other items to make it exactly a match to the real car.
Is the Revell 1:24? Most are, aren't they? What is the base color of the body in the box before painting? Interior? What type of color did you use? (manufacturer)
Again, well done. Any advise I would appreciate. Thanks
Mach 73

#3 ·
mach_73 said:
Dude,

Those pics are great. I've got a black GT w/Red leather/Charcoal inside, and none of the 1:18 diecast models so far duplicate the Stang. On our 73 Mach 1, I found a 1:18 diecast black 73 Mach 1, and added a rear spoiler, front spoiler, and some other items to make it exactly a match to the real car.
Is the Revell 1:24? Most are, aren't they? What is the base color of the body in the box before painting? Interior? What type of color did you use? (manufacturer)
Again, well done. Any advise I would appreciate. Thanks
Mach 73
Thanks

The kit is 1/25th scale....most of the new Revell kits are now 1/25th scale. The kit is molded in white and I used Testors Yellow #1214 which matches Screaming Yellow perfectly. The interior was painted with Testors Flat Black spray with clear coat to give it more of a leather look rather than a flat look. The kit comes with two colored stripes, black and silver. The wheels you get represent the 17" bright machined cast aluminum wheels. One problem I experienced in building this kit was that the chassis sat too high, I lowered it to more closely approximate the real car. Other than that, it went together very well. Oh.....I forgot to mention that the side stripe did not come with the kit. I added that from an AMT '67 Mustang kit. My Mustang has the side stripe that says "Mustang" ..this one is just a black stripe but it's a close as I could get it to my car.

#4 ·
mustang_randy said:
Thanks

My Mustang has the side stripe that says "Mustang" ..this one is just a black stripe but it's a close as I could get it to my car.
Try going to Microscale decals. They make decal lettering in several colors and fonts you might be able to use. I've done this in the past. You may have to make it up using individual letters, but that shouldn't be too bad.

#5 ·
I plan to do on of my car. I want to go and look at other Mustang kits to see if I can locate some bullitt wheels.

#8 ·
#9 ·
#13 ·
Thanks everyone for all the great compliments on the model.Randy :)

#14 ·
Looks great! I just got model . Hoping to make like my 05roush. Will have to fabricate parts for body mods

Attachments

#15 ·
Just finished my Revell 2006 Mustang GT model, thought I would share my pics. I hope they turn out and are not too blurry, took them real close up. It's probabely been about 15 years since I did my last model, a few years older and a little shakier, but I think I did alright on it.

Attachments

#18 ·
05capepony said:
Just finished my model. Took about three weeks to complete and looks just like it's big sister.

What kit did you get the wheels from?

#19 ·
bigplayrayr said:
What kit did you get the wheels from?
Found them on a Revell Kit #1934 Easykit 63 Corvette Convertable. Bought the model on line. Cost me as much as the Mustang kit cost me,just for wheels. Found a short cut though. Go on the Revell site and fill out the form for replacement parts and list the kit# and part number. The part number for the wheels is Custom Wheel Style D. You will need to paint them(they are chrome) and modify the back side to fit on the Mustang. Another hint.Cut down the struts up front and rear shocks and suspension about 1/8 inch. This will lower the car for a better factory look. Also will need to heat up the front crossbar for the spindles to lower the car as well. Be careful with the plastic.I used a soldering iron put near the plastic to make it soft. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.