Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well . . . the 306 checked out and is going in next week. It has all forged internals, a stud girdle, all the goodies. Heres this weeks list of what's going into the car:

1. Built 306 (forged internals and set up for boost)

2. TrickFlow Track Heat Manifold and spacer (motor has TrickFlow High Port Heads)

3. UPR K-Member kit

4. Edelbrock 70mm Throttle Body

5. Tremec TKO Trans

6. Lakewood Front Struts

7. Custom Power Pipe for the Blower (4 inch with long tube)

8. Bassani X-Pipe

I think that's about all . . lol. Anyway, here's the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. It's a bit on the bling bling side for me. It'll look better when we swap it. I'm going with the black Track Heat intake and I will retain all the stock accessories up front. I'm not sure that those tall chrome valve covers will work for my application. So, if we can . . we'll be putting the stock covers back on. :)

·
0 Posts
I just realized you melted a piston using the stock intake manifold :worship

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock intake and stock cats . . . . :winks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
wow man nice! shines like the sun!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep . . . it needs some serious deblinging. What's important is all the nifty forged internals and the nice cam and valvetrain . . . oh . . I neglected to mention the McLeod Street Twin dual dsic clutch. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
haha neglected to mention...

yea man that looks awesome. personally im going for like the complete opposite. im trying to get my whole compartment in satin black w/ red trim. its becoming difficult tho...

·
0 Posts
systronic said:

yea man that looks awesome. personally im going for like the complete opposite. im trying to get my whole compartment in satin black w/ red trim. its becoming difficult tho...
Just stop washing it :smoke:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
systronic said:

Yep. I'm going for the opposite, too. I think the black Track Heat and black valve covers will tone it way down. The stock accessories will also debling it a lot. I had an opportunity for a good deal on an RPM2 that was Jet Hot coated, but it was too shiny . . . lol.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So... you messed up your stock motor? Are you buying the new motor used? I see it is in a white engine bay. Do you have any idea of how much power you will have with the new motor? You are really going to yank those fronts off the ground now! I can't wait to see the pics of you doing it. :laughlitt

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dollarbill said:
So... you messed up your stock motor? Are you buying the new motor used? I see it is in a white engine bay. Do you have any idea of how much power you will have with the new motor? You are really going to yank those fronts off the ground now! I can't wait to see the pics of you doing it. :laughlitt
Yep. Broke a piston. lol. The new motor was built about 5 months ago and the guy sold the car. The new owner wants to go with a 351. I know the history of the motor well, and all the compression tests, etc., came back good. Its a good deal for me because I get the motor, a McLeod Street Twin dual disc clutch, and a TKO for 5 grand for the whole package. :) Then I can sell some of my parts to get some of that back.

I'm not yet sure how much power we can make with my current blower on it. But, this motor made 780rwhp with a turbo. We are doing a custom power pipe to up the boost. I'm hoping for somewhere upwards of 425rwhp on the Mustang Dyno with the current setup. If I want to go north of that, I'll need to go turbo or upgrade to a T-Trim from my current S-Trim. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
108 Posts
So, that blingnasty installed yet? Can't wait. Well, I'm out of California in a few weeks. Got a job in Utah, so now I can get a house, and maybe some money left over for speed parts. Yesssss! (Kip style)

Anyway, love the whole project since you've been posting. Nothing a few parts and some money can't fix right, to go from 15's to 11's and BEYOND! Sorry, have a 3 year old. Had a little Buzz lightyear moment there for a sec. :) I'll keep checking back.
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good to hear from you, Chris. The beast should be rolling next week. The shop dynoed the motor before taking it from the donor car and the numbers were . . . well . . . frightening. 430rwhp and 471rwtq . . . on a Mustang dyno!!! Now, that was with a turbo . . . but at a lower boost level than I will be putting to it . . . and I'll be on nitromethane. (I have decided to run nitromethane full time in my boost cooler). We also just ordered a real nice custom cam from Isky, which should be better than the current E303. . . . I almost forgot . . we are also doing a 4" diameter custom power pipe that should be good for a couple extra pounds of boost. I'd like to see about 16-17 pounds. :winks

I'm losing a lot of weight up front and I'm on the lookout for the right set of slicks and skinnies. I'm pretty sure this combo will run low 11s or high 10s on slicks. We'll know soon enough!! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
861 Posts
Well, my jaw just dropped.

Certainly got yourself a sleeper there, Truuble.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well . . we'll have to see where the actual numbers end up. By that, I mean the numbers at the track. I hope to have it out to the strip the last weekend of this month. :eyepoppin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.