Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is pics of Install my son and are doing. Basically first steps is modifying, moving wires to new locations, reworking airbox. heater hoses, modify alternator
Second step is preassembly on the parts in kit. Kit was well labeld and instructions are clear. The next step which we are at is installing. Will post new pics as we go along
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
a few more
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
redbullet said:
That's pretty spiffy, but U R not supposed to read the directions until something breaks or you have left over parts.
60 pages of instruction and have not skipped one yet lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
redbullet said:
That's pretty spiffy, but U R not supposed to read the directions until something breaks or you have left over parts.
3% leftover parts is the acceptable limit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CPU back from roush today I was suprised it is here already since I had sent on Friday the 23 december with xmas in between. They have there sticker on it so it must have made it there. Roush does the reflash on the cpu as part of the package. They have a prepaid Fedex box in the kit to send to roush
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
toolttime said:
CPU back from roush today I was suprised it is here already since I had sent on Friday the 23 december with xmas in between. They have there sticker on it so it must have made it there. Roush does the reflash on the cpu as part of the package. They have a prepaid Fedex box in the kit to send to roush
When you want more, and you will, are you going to be able to add more boost or headers and be able to get it retune?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Madhouse said:
Looks like an awesome setup man!

Are you driving it yet? How does it feel?
We are still doing install. Maybe this weekend have it done . But I won't be able to roadtest till spring. Too much winter here and my car won't like winter I think lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
redbullet said:
When you want more, and you will,
redbullet said:
are you going to be able to add more boost or headers​
and be able to get it retune?​
For now "No" Roush​
warrenties the motor and driveline as long as install is​
done to there specs for 3 years. No other blower​
manufacture offers that so with their's you pretty well​
can do what you want but if some thing blows in engine​
it's ur problem not theirs. For now I am giving the roush​
tuners and enginers the benefit of the dougthb​



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installed cooler intake and s/c today Starting to look totally awsome now!!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A few more pics
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Great Pics

Where are you in Canada, i am in Toronto with a 2005 GT Coupe, i got a quote on a Roush Supercharger as it will be the only one i would install they quoted me $ 8,800.00 Can + pst & gst (not installed) Do you mind telling me what you paid & where you ordered it from. I got my quote from a Ford approved Roush dealer here in Ontario.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Born To Run said:
Where are you in Canada, i am in Toronto with a 2005 GT Coupe, i got a quote on a Roush Supercharger as it will be the only one i would install they quoted me $ 8,800.00 Can + pst & gst (not installed) Do you mind telling me what you paid & where you ordered it from. I got my quote from a Ford approved Roush dealer here in Ontario.
I am 5 minuted north of edmonton. I got mine from MGM ford in reddeer alberta they are a roush dealer also.. I paid 7300.0 canadian for mine. The install is very easy with well marked parts boxes and instructions. The parts fit as if they were factory.
 
G

·
very easy....? oh hell no...i put in my own headers...my own throttlebody...my own exhaust...i build computers wire by wire but what you did scares me...i wouldnt try pulling all that apart and putting it together in a million years by myself...i'm very interested in getting that done but i keep hearing from other posts about guys who blew their block apart with their superchargers...i think i'll wait 5 years till the warranty runs out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nghtrnnr said:
very easy....? oh hell no...i put in my own headers...my own throttlebody...my own exhaust...i build computers wire by wire but what you did scares me...i wouldnt try pulling all that apart and putting it together in a million years by myself...i'm very interested in getting that done but i keep hearing from other posts about guys who blew their block apart with their superchargers...i think i'll wait 5 years till the warranty runs out
Roush has 3 yeqar warranty on engine and driveline with their s/c
It was really not hard to do. Their instruction manual was very clear.but then used to be licensed auto mechanic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
redbullet said:
That's looks more involved than the Saleen. Did that come with new injectors? What size or color?
It came with new injectors and cooler plugs fuel rails. I did not have to purchase a single thing it is all there, well marked packag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We finished up liitle things today. Fired her up and she ran like a top . Gotta love the whine of a s/c you punch it lol. Not aleak or anything to fix.

MY son Derek and I hope some of you enjoyed this build and if ever you needs a few questions about contact us and we will try to help ya all :cheers:
Anyone who is considering a roushcharger don't hesitate. The quality of the parts, instructions andhow it has the looks of a factory installed kit. The fact that it runs so good right out of the box you can't go wrong. It was a very easy install to do. lots of steps but not hard. I think anybody would enjoy doing this and to know how it all fits together.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top