what a sweet ride!!:bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
neato! it would be my DD

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Such a Beautiful piece of work! Gotta love that car.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Here are some pics of the Shelby GT500 Super Snake we had in the shop.
Nice car. But torch red with black stripes? Who would ever want that combination?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice car. But torch red with black stripes? Who would ever want that combination?
It's the only way it comes. That's the exact reason I went with the KR. Shelby would NOT do any other combination for the SS package. I tried and they refused. :so

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is another color :happyhapp

I was driving around in CT yesterday and came up on a car show in Middletown, CT where I found a Grabber Orange Super Snake. Unfortunetly, I didnt have my camera to take pictures.

An awsome car it is, but for the added cost, I cant afford it. The brakes on it impressed me the most. The hood dissapointed me. Why would there be ram air, but only 3 little holes let the air (restrictivly) flow to the air filter?

Anyway, nice car to have at the shop!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
No Idea but I do like it. Very nice.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is another color :happyhapp

I was driving around in CT yesterday and came up on a car show in Middletown, CT where I found a Grabber Orange Super Snake. Unfortunetly, I didnt have my camera to take pictures.

An awsome car it is, but for the added cost, I cant afford it. The brakes on it impressed me the most. The hood dissapointed me. Why would there be ram air, but only 3 little holes let the air (restrictivly) flow to the air filter?

Anyway, nice car to have at the shop!
That's cool! :bigthumbsup Maybe Shelby changed their minds finally or the owner repainted it. It was a good year ago or more that I talked to them about it so a lot could of changed by now.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Who would ever want torch red with black stripes?
It's the only way it comes.
There is another color. I saw a Grabber Orange Super Snake at a car show.
That's cool! Maybe Shelby changed their mind or the owner repainted it.
First of all, I was so kidding when I asked who would want torch red with black stripes. I ordered my GT500 in torch red with black stripes specifically because I think it is the most spectacular of all available GT500 color combinations.

And second, Shelby does not build SuperSnakes. They only take existing GT500s supplied by their owners and charge $30K to convert them into SuperSnakes by changing out and adding numerous parts (including upgraded FRPP supercharger, wheels, hood, stripes, emblems, suspension parts, etcetera). They peel off the factory GT500 glossy dual stripes and replace them with their own matte black stripes. They will take your money to do this on just about any color GT500 coupe or vert. I have attached pics of five colors (besides torch red), and I have also seen pics of vapor silver and alloy metallic SuperSnakes. The SuperSnake stripes are not available in any color other than matte black, so if Shellee wanted white SuperSnake stripes on her red GT500 then that is why they would have refused.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well said Gary. I actually wanted the Silver with blue stripe KR colors but the with 725 SS package. But when I contacted them they said the only way they would do it would be Red with Black Stripes which I love but I wanted what I wanted. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
38 Posts
Such a sweet car. I love the orange with black. Hopefully there will be ones around in 10 years when I can afford one, only 17 yr old. Or maybe I will just go straight to a Ford GT(worth a shot)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember researching the SS package quite a bit, and they won't convert a GT500 convertable, just the hard tops.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I remember researching the SS package quite a bit, and they won't convert GT500 convertibles, just the hard tops.
Yes, that is what they originally announced. But they apparently decided that the money from people with GT500 verts was just as good as the money from people with GT500 coupes. They will now convert GT500 verts into SuperSnakes. See the picture file in my earlier post #10 in this thread, of a SuperSnake vert in grabber orange. (It is one of the two attached files in that post, not one of the five thumbnail pics. You have to click on the attachment and open the file to see the pic of the SuperSnake vert.)

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Yes, that is what they originally announced. But they apparently decided that the money from people with GT500 verts was just as good as the money from people with GT500 coupes. They will now convert GT500 verts into SuperSnakes. See the picture file in my earlier post #10 in this thread, of a SuperSnake vert in grabber orange. (It is one of the two attached files in that post, not one of the five thumbnail pics. You have to click on the attachment and open the file to see the pic of the SuperSnake vert.)
It's probable has to do with the torque with the frames. that's why you can't get a ZO6 vert.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for explaining and posting those SS pics. I'm thinking about having my Kona blue done!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I remember researching the SS package quite a bit, and they won't convert a GT500 convertable, just the hard tops.
Actually they do convert the convertibles. I know someone with one.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
It's the only way it comes. That's the exact reason I went with the KR. Shelby would NOT do any other combination for the SS package. I tried and they refused. :so
They have other color combos, i met a guy the other day at our local show..
It was the gunmetal looking grey color..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.