Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the installation complete yesterday... hot weather (texas) requires the hood be drilled & bolted because the 3M gets so soft in this heat. I love the look with the roush spoiler lengthening out the car.. :laughlitt I've been so inspired by everyone who posts and does such diverse things with their cars, making many so unique!
I am considering the one hood stripe (black) that would cover the width of the scoop, saw a post a day or two ago that inspired me again.. but may just "ride as she is" for now..
Hopefully the photo attachment will work, I'm just curious, (I'd hate to think I'm too close to 'rice" in this ride now).. your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
smiling_chickie said:
Just had the installation complete yesterday... hot weather (texas) requires the hood be drilled & bolted because the 3M gets so soft in this heat. I love the look with the roush spoiler lengthening out the car.. :laughlitt I've been so inspired by everyone who posts and does such diverse things with their cars, making many so unique!
I am considering the one hood stripe (black) that would cover the width of the scoop, saw a post a day or two ago that inspired me again.. but may just "ride as she is" for now..
Hopefully the photo attachment will work, I'm just curious, (I'd hate to think I'm too close to 'rice" in this ride now).. your thoughts?
Beautiful Job !! Very Unique touch . Keep the pics coming !!!! :drink:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have that same hood scoop ready to go on.. what did you do with the
"grill " part.. did you have to trim it for the ridge in the center of the hood?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks ok, I wouldn't have done it to my Vert but it does look ok. IMHO, fake hood scoops are just that ... fake. I love the rear spoiler except for the part missing in the rear center.

Now, with that in mind, having the strip might tie it all in together and make it look much better. As long as the strip is the same width as the scoop and the indent in the rear spoiler. Make sure to post some pics so we can see rthe end result.

BTW, please do not take offense, I just think people desreve to hear all opinions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone for your input- I appreciate all comments and I don't take offense at all; if everyone was the same, thought the same, how boring the world would be!

regarding the hoodscoop insert, it had to be cut to match the line of the hood.. I think they ground it down.. and because I opted not to move the washer-sprayers it meant a larger grind since the futher back the less angle of the hood.
thanks again!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Opinions

smiling_chickie said:
I like the scoop, but not the spoiler. The scoop looks classic to me, but the spoiler gives it a "modern" look that is incongruous with the rest of the styling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lorie,

I think it looks great. You should not need to grind or adjust anything on the insert. It flexes down on the ends when the pins are bolted down.

I have installed dozens of these scoops on new Mustangs, and never had to cut, trim or grind anything.

Thanks again for the purchase.

Brian

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Not sure about the spoiler, like the rest.
Ducktail for me i think

·
Registered
79 Posts
All that really matters is if your "gazzed" :laughlitt about the looks. Afterall its "your" car. I think it looks just fine too................:winks

Jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the comments, here's one more pic of the scoop..

and yes, I AM really "gazzed" about the car, and about having one just a little different (there are two other silver 1 each coupe V6 & V8 in town)- 2 days short of 8 months from order to dream come true with modifications installed ( 6 1/2 months of that was just waiting for the car!).. I fell head over heels in love with the scoop when I saw 1 on e-bay.. brian did take very good care of watching out for me and I'd recommend his company to anyone - in fact my best friend got jealous and shortly will be getting a spoiler for her "black beauty" GT coupe- which is already intimidatingly awesome! The spoiler was a gift from Hubby= he's a camaro freak and wanted a ducktail, but NO NO NO, this is MY ride...

here's a side shot of the spoiler and how it changes the front end-

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
autoguy said:
If anyone else is interested in this scoop, I currently have 5 or 6 in stock and would be glad to help out.

Here are some pics of it on other colors as well as flat black.

If interested, PM me or e-mail [email protected]

Thanks,
Brian
Scoops look great! do they come painted?, and how much are they? thanx

·
Registered
5 Posts
FoMoCo said:
Scoops look great! do they come painted?, and how much are they? thanx
The scoop comes unpainted. The cost is $195.00 Plus $15.00 for shipping. If you want it painted, I can have it done for you for an additional $150.00.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
79 Posts
My thoughts too. I am having my mirrors painted right now. My car is Windveil Blue. I would want it painted.........$$$$ please.........

PS: "smiling_chickie", opps, I guess I meant to spell "jazzed" with a "J". :yup:

Jeff:strut

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very nice looking ride! I like the scoop. I think it adds to the character of the car. I like the rear 3/4 angle of the spoiler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Citrus,

I posted this prior to your asking $$

"The scoop comes unpainted. The cost is $195.00 Plus $15.00 for shipping. If you want it painted, I can have it done for you for an additional $150.00."

The only thing I forgot is to add $10.00 to the $15.00 shipping for a total painted and shipped of $370.00. This is due to additional insurance and packaging.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
funny you should say that ran260gt, that's exactly what my dealer told me when I went by today to get a paint-pen (to repair the paint some jerk knocked off my rear bumper at work).. "This Mustang should come with this scoop".
The dealer also said that he fully expects the 06 to come with a scoop built into the hood? First I 've heard of that, but I may just not be keeping up too well..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts