Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this product for christmas and after installing it, LOVED it! It's now early Jan and I've hit my first snag with it. Over the weekend, the factory shaker 500 unit failed to recognize it. I tore apart the dash again to find out if one of my connections had simply been bad or come loose. Nope. Connections were perfect.(as i thought they'd be ;)

So I went on a search through PIE's online forums. Apparently, they've had their bouts with this product. The first launch of the product resulted in loss of functions of the stock unit. Things like the speed volume and the dimmer were not functioning. PIE did more testing and gave out a chip to each person who had purchased the first set. This chip replaced the old chip in the unit.

This new problem apparently is still being watched. Their "fix" for now is to disconnect the neg battery cable for 15-20 seconds to "reflash" the system. On two test subject mustangs that they have, both mustangs had the non recognizing error and the battery cable solution has worked for them to date with no other errors.

I've done the battery cable solution and am hoping it does the trick.

Just thought I'd share the info with you guys.
Overall, I still love the product.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
What's the batterycable solution just out of curiosity? Do you plug it into the battery as a power source or something? If that's the case I wonder if it will drain the battery if left off for too long....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
generalelectric said:
Their "fix" for now is to disconnect the neg battery cable for 15-20 seconds to "reflash" the system.
:eyepoppin :winks :dunce:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the identical problem with my PIE. What I did during the install was wire an inline 3amp fuse to the Positive cable of the PIE. I can simply remove the fuse for a few seconds and then plug it in again to reset the unit. I've only had it happen twice, however it's frustrating enough that I'm going to install an ON/OFF switch inline past the fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts