Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo i thaught i blew my disc off the plate again so i pulled the tranny again ( i can probably do this with my eyes closed by now) anyways insted my pilot bearing is shot and my thread + post count is low haha anyone know what a new 1 would cost:scratchchin

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and ford rips people off.. thanks guys

edit: the 1 dak posted is more expensive probably because its the entire peice i just need the bearing

G

·
and ford rips people off.. thanks guys

edit: the 1 dak posted is more expensive probably because its the entire peice i just need the bearing

no, it's the excact same thing we sell and it's also the only way it comes...ther's is prob more because they buy them from FoMoCo, hence there higher price....Ford is NOT over priced on parts, it's just some dealers mark there stuff-up so high and some (like us) give 'Stangers more of a discount:bigthumbsup

we have the pilot bearing in stock and can sell and ship it to you cheaper and faster than the other place, but it's your money;)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9.98 at the local AA thanks :)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Just stay away from the parts counter at a ford dealership.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Parts seem to always be more expensive when ya buy them from the dealership, not just ford, any dealer. I had a chrome piece on my front bumper on my Tacoma that was kinda rusted and the parts guys at toyota were gonna charge me like $89 for this. I got one from a body shop for bout $80. I know its only like a $9 diff, but thats 9 bucks lol. Nothing wrong with gettin from the dealer cuz ya for sure ya gonna get exactly what ya need, i work at one, it just might cost a lil more.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only time i like to use the dealership is when and only when the local parts stores/summit/jegs dont have it.. Only Because, the local ford dealer is usually like 3x the normal cost of a part... Oh now i need a slide hammer haha anyone know another way to pop the bearing out without the grease trick?

G

·
Parts seem to always be more expensive when ya buy them from the dealership, not just ford, any dealer. I had a chrome piece on my front bumper on my Tacoma that was kinda rusted and the parts guys at toyota were gonna charge me like $89 for this. I got one from a body shop for bout $80. I know its only like a $9 diff, but thats 9 bucks lol. Nothing wrong with gettin from the dealer cuz ya for sure ya gonna get exactly what ya need, i work at one, it just might cost a lil more.

:scratchchinwell that's no reason to blame ALL Ford dealers parts departments as you did in your post, some of us actually try and help people wth parts and prices...so if your local dealer is "ripping you off" maybe you should find another one to deal wth;).........and remember, "you get what you pay for" so sometimes cheapers is NOT always better:nono:

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
True true, actually i havent even bought anything from the parts department at Ford except for my bullitt gas door. And the thing about the bumper part i got from the bodu shop is the same part the toyota place quoted me on.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Believe me, Randy will treat you right. And, as stated earlier depends on what dealer you buy from. A few years ago with just 1 day before leaving for Florida I blew a front wheel bearing. Went to the dealer for both hubs they only had one, so I went to the next closest delaer and paid $35 bucks more for the other hub. Not all dealers are the same, but Randy's is the best.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
anyone know how to pop the bearing out without the slide hammer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.