Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the Y pipe on 07 v6 Stang?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
All of the piping under the car is 2.5". :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
419 Posts
Y pipe

All of the piping under the car is 2.5". :bigthumbsup
The Y-pipe IS NOT 2.5" It is only 2.5" where it mates up to the intermediate pipe, but the individual branches are a smaller diameter and will fit up inside a GT H-pipe (which IS 2.5".)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
All the piping under my car is 2.5" and its stock so I dont know what to tell you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Helius, just count on it being about 2.5.....usually any conneting pipes have a LITTLE flair to connect it.thats it :) Why?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I

Was thinking of getting my Exhaust custom so was just wondering what the size was.

For starting mods Stars.Fade get a C&L CAI and DiabloSport Predator Tuner, you won't be disappointed. C&L is basically top of the line CAI for 2005+ mustangs and Diablo is a really good company with awesome tunes that are easy to install IMO.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I will go with Duals now, screw the single exhaust setup haha. Now on to find perfect Duals for my stang =)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Dual exhaust is good if you've got a power adder like a supercharger, turbocharger or NOS.

Otherwise its mainly just good for spending $400-500 to have an extra muffler tip sticking out of the back of your car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Pipes

All the piping under my car is 2.5" and its stock so I dont know what to tell you.
If you look at your Y-pipe you will see that where they joined the two branches together to the exit the piping is smaller than the exit itself. The GT H-pipe is the same size throughout.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.