Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How loud is your piston knocking on your 05 gt? Mine is semi loud and I heard today from a co-worker that his uncle's gt blew a piston and destoryed his engine, making him get a new engine (under warranty of course). I was gonna ask my dealership about it, but I wanted to ask you guys knew anything about it.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Its probably just your injectors knocking or maybe your clutch. A piston usually doesnt knock very long............boom. Let your dealer easy your concerns.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
can you record the sound on video or audio, upload it to putfile or something similar? then we all can listen and help you out a little better.

i just noticed you live in Keller. My dad lives there. that area is growing very fast. I remember when it was two lanes from 820 to Denton. ahhh, the good ole days.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Pistons dotn really knock right.. its the rods on wither the mains or the wrist pins.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my problem is that I know nothing about cars, even though I work at a car dealership. Coworkers told me that the knocking doesn't sound right, and even my brother who's worked on mustangs for like a decade brought the knocking noise up. I've had my car into the shop a few times for warranty stuff, but the dealership never said anything about it.

I can make a video of it when I get my digi camera back. My mom took it down to Houston this weekend, so I'm kinda stuck at the moment.

And, yeah, I live in Keller. It is growing fast, but what isn't growing fast enough is the roads. They're all one laned with tons of potholes everywhere. Pretty annoying.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I haven't noticed it on my Mustang yet, I have a little over 4k on it, but I do have a Chevy pickup that when I first got it, it was so quiet you couldn't even hear it idling from the inside, after a couple years there was a knocking sound in the engine that I thought, oh great, the rods are knocking.
I took it to a dealer and they said it was the fuel injectors and that it was normal. To me that isn't right, it sounds like a freakin diesel while idling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.