Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a short block on line with speed pro forged pistons the only problem I'm worried about is the valve reliefs in the pistons I know there clear stock head but I was planning on running new head with a 2.02 intake valve and a 1.63 exhaust. Just wondering how much it would cost if I were to send those pistons out to get the valve reliefs cut so they would clear the new heads? Not sure what cam I want yet thats all going to depend on what valve size I end up using thanks for the help

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Is this going on a 302? A 2.02 intake valve will be shrouded by the cylinder wall and the air fuel mix will run down the wall and splash across the piston rather than going into the center of the cylinder.
If you insist on getting 2.02 valves, it'd actually be cheaper to get some pistons that's already flycut for larger valves than having those Speed Pros cut. If you were to go that route, you could get DSS Pro pistons (better than Speed Pros and lighter weight) that have reliefs that will accomodate up to a 2.05 valve, and up to .650 lift.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea its a 302 bored at least .030" over though maybe a little more I was wanting to go with the 2.02"s but if it becomes to much of a pain the 1.93"s will have to do it also carburated if that affects the air/fuel mixture running like you said in the cylinder

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It'll run strong with the 2.02's, it's just not the best it could be. 1.94's are plenty for most street 302's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.