Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have no clue how but i snapped the Sh*& out of them plastic vacuum lines today working on the car, one going to the egr and the other to a larger rubber hose.both going to what looks like a harness or something passenger side close to the throttle body and idea where i can get new ones???

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Look in the PCV valve section at your local auto parts store. I know Philly's own Pep Boys, Advance Auto Parts and Auto Zone, for sure, carries this plastic tubing in various sizes. It comes in coiled up form in packaging that gives you several feet of the tubing.

I have experienced this tubing to actually crumble to the touch after several years of exposure to heat, ect. On my F-150 there is one particular color of tubing (white) that seems the most reactive to the elements. It's usually the lead to the vacuum switch, before it leaves the engine compartment and through the firewall, that controls the A/C-heater ducts. Why the white tubing seems to go bad first, I don't know. All of the 90s era F-150s that we had in our fleet of about 100 trucks, had problems with that white tubing long before the other color coded tubing. All of the replacement tube I've seen is black. (maybe that's a good thing)

If a small section of the tubing is damaged, a small piece of rubber vacuum hose can be used as a splice. As for the ends, some are available and others will have to be reused. If the ends don't fit on the tubing tightly, Glue it on with some weatherstrip adhesive, just don't get any glue in the hose that will stop it up.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
They get brittle from all the underhood heat, like he said you can use some rubber line to reconnect the two parts.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i looked at auto zone before i posted this they suck ass cause they didnt have any but i found some

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I've almost replaced all of those plastic lines, I got tired of breaking them any time I looked at them hard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
speaking of those plastic lines, mine are snapped, and i have no clue where they should be going, anyone have a pic or schematic of that? 1990 5.0 efi

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
speaking of those plastic lines, mine are snapped, and i have no clue where they should be going, anyone have a pic or schematic of that? 1990 5.0 efi

Are you looking pics or schematics for the vacuum lines for emission, under the intake or for your heat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
the ones under the air intake i know i got the one that goes to the back of the air intake manifold right, but all the others i dont know, the emissions and the lines to that wiring harness tree were all missing /snapped off with no way for me to tell where they go, and the schematics confuse the crap out of me i really need a picture to go by unfortunately and cant seem to find one.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts