Ford Mustang Forum banner

plastidip exhaust tips and more

20K views 22 replies 21 participants last post by  Gabe9195 
#1 ·
Did this about a month ago and still in perfect condition.

Plastidip my borla tips, it looks really good, it gives it a stealth look and no one expects it to be loud, no signs of pealing or nothing as the dip is heat resistant.

Plastidip the rear quarter windows but ended up pealing it off because it was a huge blind spot for me (dont know how people with louvers drive lol) but it looked really good

also did the rear side markers just for fun, and turned out good, u can still see the light

i think this is a nice touch for people that are going for the black out look.

Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I was going to buy fireproof paint to paint my exhaust black but I never really thought about plasti dipping it.. That's a good idea, I think the max temperature the plastidip can handle is 315 degrees and I dont think the tips get that hot, but since I never touched it I wouldnt know.

I might even do that for the rear side markers. I dont really see a need for them anyway. But I would still like the light to shine through just in case. Can you post a picture of the rear side markers lit with the plasti dip on it?

Looks very nice, I like it! :D

#4 ·
Lol it was a cool try. At least you learned something. I like the exhaust, prob works for your theme. I dunno about the rear window though LOL, and I agree I could never get louvers. I need my visibility ..all of it

#5 ·
I did mine like 2 months ago, still loving it. Though i just took them off the car and sprayed it in my garage rather than masking off the car.

#7 ·
I may try my tips just to see how it looks.

#11 ·
Looks great on the exhaust. I've been meaning to do that I think I'll try and get around to it this weekend

#13 ·
A few things OK, but the windows, no no. I see you took it off though. Good call.

#14 ·
the murdered out thing is overkill, but if that what u like, im not going to stop u. i would have used black header paint instead of plastidip on the tips thou

#16 ·
As you can see everyone has different tastes. For me, I'm a little old school and don't like the bat mobile or knight rider look. A little tasteful bling is my preference. And part of that is the polished Borla tips.

#17 ·
I love my polished tips but I might do this to protect them from the salt this winter then just peel it off in the spring :bigthumbsup

#23 ·
I like what the OP did and especially on Borla tips since I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a set of S mufflers myself.
I really wish they weren't so large to begin with though ... you could fist the things and that's not cool ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.