Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For being a cheap way to change up your ride that isn't permanent this stuff is awesome. Did it myself in like 2 hours. Put 3 coats of the black on last night, and then 2 of the silver metalizer that you have to order. Came out as a sick gunmetal gray.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I like it and was considering doing something similar. Thanks for showing me what my car would look like.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
STOP! This is identical to my car and i haven't seen her in 2.5 weeks :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha you're welcome! And sorry.. I'll just take it off then :kooky:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yep i love plastidip, ive done it to alot of my car now :)
dipped Roush exhaust tips ended up way better then i thought, been on for a month now still looks brand new.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You actually dipped them? I tried it on my muffler and it melted and left a stain... But I put on high temp paint to cover it. I've done my faux gas cap too, but I cut out the red white and blue and have everything else black.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You actually dipped them? I tried it on my muffler and it melted and left a stain... But I put on high temp paint to cover it. I've done my faux gas cap too, but I cut out the red white and blue and have everything else black.
yes, plastidip is good up to like 400 degree, and for some reason even before i dipped them my tips never got above warm to a touch, you could easily hold them after a 3 hour drive. The mufflers on the other hand are like flame hot.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FreezerBurn that the best job i've ever seen on plastidip. Nice job.
Thanks! Not bad for a kid in a driveway huh? :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, plastidip is good up to like 400 degree, and for some reason even before i dipped them my tips never got above warm to a touch, you could easily hold them after a 3 hour drive. The mufflers on the other hand are like flame hot.
I might look into it when I get an exhaust, I'm going with that blackout theme. Haven't seen too many cars with Black tips either so it's pretty unique :cooldude:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yea the mufflers get alot hotter than the tips do. I plastidipped my stock tips and thought it looked great but i wouldnt dare touch my nice 4.5 inch stainless steel dips with plastidip.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well if you add them extra why mess with them right?

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
That looks so much better than the plain black PlastiDip!! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks! Not bad for a kid in a driveway huh? :bigthumbsup
Over a year ago I painted my wheels black (not plastidipped) and now they look like crap. But I remember the PITA the project was.

Did you remove the wheels and tires from the car? More important, did you also remove the tires from the wheels.

I bought some PlastiDip a few months ago but have been busy and a little gun shy about going though the process again. Please convince me how easy it was. :worship

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Over a year ago I painted my wheels black (not plastidipped) and now they look like crap. But I remember the PITA the project was.

Did you remove the wheels and tires from the car? More important, did you also remove the tires from the wheels.

I bought some PlastiDip a few months ago but have been busy and a little gun shy about going though the process again. Please convince me how easy it was. :worship
Kept it on the wheels, rims in the tires. All you do is put a bag or something around the brakes. You don't even have to mask off the tires. Just spray right on them, it can be peeled off when it dries. I say go for it man, it took me only about 2 hours and I did everything by myself on my driveway. The best part is if you don't like it, you can peel it off and forget about it! Hope this helps :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts