Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well . . I've decided to be a little nuts (unusual for me, I know) and run nitromethane in my methanol/water injection full time. We are going to tune for this so that I don't blow up my engine (again). I'll let y'all know how it turns out. I dunno . . I just think there's something cool about running your engine with an explosive!! :smoke:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT'S MADNESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, regular gas is an explosive, but I guess that's not enough for some crazies! :) Well, let us know how she's running and any new times.

Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nitromethane has a diferent classification. Its not classified as a fuel, but as an explosive. :happyhapp Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fun is guranteed. Nitromethane expels a great deal of oxygen during combustion and is similar in its effect to nitrous. But, since I already have methanol water injection, I can add nitro on a full time basis without it being cost prohibitive. One gallon of nitro gives me 8 gallons of nitro/methanol/water mix. 8 gallons of mix lasts me for about 3-4 months. So, for the $36 I spend on a gallon of nitro . . . I get 3-4 months of the equivalent of a full time 50 shot of nitrous!! About $10 a month . . . :cool:

Now . . this isn't for the faint of heart . . and you can easily grenade your motor if you don't tune for it and build for it. But . . . done correctly (I have heard) its a BLAST!! (pardon the pun)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.