Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have my 05 yet. It's scheduled to arrive next week.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone does/found a way to play an Ipod through the Shaker. I was looking around and found this site: http://www.ipodincar.net/reviewKenwoodMod.php

It looks like a Sirius Satellite radio kit only you use an Ipod instead of a satellite radio.

But I was wondering what others have done, what gives the best sound quality, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
478 Posts
Also there is a company working on a adapter so that you can run an IPOD or satellite radio of the Auxillary port on the shakers

Here's the site, thought nothing is listed yet. http://www.pie.net/index-2.cfm

·
Registered
109 Posts
iTrip!

my itrip sounds just as good as my friends cable! you just have to find a good station. My itrip will actrualy broadcast over another sation but its not as good as 87.9! I think its the way to go dude.!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm sure you know this already, but the shaker plays MP3s. What's the point of an ipod in your car? Just take a little extra time and burn some CDs. I have 3 mp3 CDs in my changer, and haven't changed them but maybe once since i got the car in Feb.

I know some of you guys are hardcore ipod ppl, but you don't have to be able to hook it up to everything. Besides, won't that just waste the battery in it?

Also, I heard that in the old ipods, once the rechargeable battery goes (ie: it won't charge up anymore) ... there's no way to replace it ... is that case with the new ones do you know?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Any1 know when PIE is going to have that AUX converter/adapter on sale? I won't do FM modulation wired or wireless. Need best sound quality possible:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
jibboo said:
I'm sure you know this already, but the shaker plays MP3s. What's the point of an ipod in your car? Just take a little extra time and burn some CDs. I have 3 mp3 CDs in my changer, and haven't changed them but maybe once since i got the car in Feb.

I know some of you guys are hardcore ipod ppl, but you don't have to be able to hook it up to everything. Besides, won't that just waste the battery in it?

Also, I heard that in the old ipods, once the rechargeable battery goes (ie: it won't charge up anymore) ... there's no way to replace it ... is that case with the new ones do you know?
Well some of like to listen to podcasts or audiobooks that we change regularly on ipods or want to take with us when we get out of the car. In that case I don't want to burn new cds every day or two. Besides the shaker display doesn't show much of the tag information and if there is something specific you want to listen to, finding it on the cds can be a really pain. I currently use a DLO transpod because it charges the ipod while it is in there and I can select any fm frequency to use, it is not resitricted to 4 freq. at the bottom of the range. this gives more flexibility in trying to find an open frequency.

As to the ipod battery, it is a myth that they cannot be replaced, they can be replaced fairly easilly. They are not swappable like some other players but the case is pretty easy to open. It took me about 5 minutes to change mine and the higher capacity battery only cost $27 from owc. Replacement batteries are available for all ipod models.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a FM Modulator installed on my 05GT the first week i go it. I had a FM Transmitter, ITRIP, but the sound qulity was really bad. The install was done at a "Sound Advice" store (Tweeters) for about 100.00. I use a cup holder to hold the IPOD which places it in the perfect location in front of the arm rest. A pic is in my gallery.

05GT BLACK / BLACK
AUTO
19' ADR Wheels
19x9.5 / 35 Off Set Rear
19x8.5 / __ Off Set Front
Falken rubber
Rear 285-35ZR19
Front 245-40ZR19
BMR Strut Tower
IPOD.
Roush Spoiler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts