Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I own a 1965 Mustang Coupe which I'm currently rebuilding and I noticed the letters "SS" on the glove box door. Can somebody please explain the meaning/significance of the "SS"? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
262 Posts
Unless I'm really losing it, there was no such thing!!! It sounds like an "improvement", made by a PO sometime in the past!!!
JAy67fast

·
Registered
298 Posts
Unless I'm really losing it, there was no such thing!!! It sounds like an "improvement", made by a PO sometime in the past!!!
JAy67fast
I second that! "SS" is trademarked by chevy i do believe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm wondering if this is an April Fools post?!?! If not...one of the PO's decided to have some fun...or was too dumb to know that SS is a Chevy thing. Either way....GET RID OF IT!!! It has no place on a Mustang!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all, I own a 1965 Mustang Coupe which I'm currently rebuilding and I noticed the letters "SS" on the glove box door. Can somebody please explain the meaning/significance of the "SS"? Thanks in advance
Thanks for all the replies and I'm no expert on mustangs (not yet) that's why I joined this forum. Probably the PO attached it there back then. Anyway, I attached a couple of pictures so you guys could see. And yes I thought it was a chevy thing...but just wanna make sure so I asked.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Looks like to me the stang won a race against a SS (super slow).:gringreen Regardless of how it got there it doesn't belong.

·
Registered
754 Posts
could have stood for severely stupid.

·
Registered
298 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.