Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got an 88 gt and have been battling a coolant problem basically since i got it which has been about 4 months and it is driving me crazy!!! i cracked my lower intake at the temp switch and had a friend professionally weld it seeing that is was alot cheaper. so i put everything back together. i was losing coolant and getting quite a bit of white smoke out of my exhaust. so i figured my gaskets were misaligned so i tore it apart again and even had a mechanic buddy of mine come over and help me do it all right(he brought over his $400 digital torque wrench thinking maybe that was the problem) it runs fantastic and doesnt overheat at all no coolant in oil or vice versa that i can see and very very rarely see white smoke... There are pics below of my plugs and filler neck and oil cap(which has yellow gunk in it) that may help i just dont know what my plugs should look like. i did a leak down test and it stayed pressurized and there were no external . how do i test to see if it is getting in my cylinders. could it be my egr valve gasket blowing coolant into the throttle body? please help any info would be great thank you so so much

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i changed the oil like 3 times after the final install of the gaskets. how would i go about merging the two coolant lines that go through the throttle body? what would i put in between them? not for a permanent fix just for a test to see if that is why i am losing coolant.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
A piece of tubing to connect the two lines would be the easiest to do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just metal tubing or what? if it doesnt solve my problem what do you guys think my next step should be?

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
any metal tubing that will slip into each end. if that dosen't do it may have to pull intake again and look for something else.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanks i will post any success or progress i have thanks agian guys and gals

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've put two screws and clamps into those ends and sealed em ever since, just incase you don't want the tubing. Either way works. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.