Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am currently doing a manual swap on my 2011 v6. I’m just throwing in a used mt82 (low miles) just cause it’s easier and this is the biggest job I’ve ever done. I was getting ready to pop in the mt82 but was having alignment issues. I’m getting a clutch alignment tool tomorrow to eliminate that possibility but I’m using the clutch off a gt, which I found a forum saying it would work with a .75” throw out bearing spacer and longer flywheel bolts. When I was going to “stab” the transmission in, it felt like a spring was being loaded. Maybe the throw out bearing being pushed in against the pressure plate fingers? Is this normal or should I take out the spacer?
thanks in advance for any information

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello. I am currently doing a manual swap on my 2011 v6. I’m just throwing in a used mt82 (low miles) just cause it’s easier and this is the biggest job I’ve ever done. I was getting ready to pop in the I used a clutch alignment tool so I know that’s not it. I’m using the clutch off a gt, which I found a forum saying it would work with a .75” throw out bearing spacer and longer flywheel bolts. When I was going to “stab” the transmission in, it felt like a spring was being loaded. Maybe the throw out bearing being pushed in against the pressure plate fingers? Is this normal or should I take out the spacer?
thanks in advance for any information

1 - 2 of 2 Posts