Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was driving up to Edmond (about 45 minute drive), and saw a later model FOX and a "Catfish" (90's model) Camaro. They were driving together and had car club stickers on their cars. The FOX looked REALLY good, BUT... Both of those cars had these fairly wide wheels with low profile tires that looked like they didn't even fit the wheel. The tire was more narrow than the wheel!

WTF?!

Who in their right mind sat down and thought... "I'll get these wheels, and some tires that don't even look like they fit right".

Supposedly this is a new "trend" going on and it's absolutely horrid. What is the point of this? Can anyone explain this to me?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
hahahaha, good one :bigthumbsup

Some guys just think that looks good on a car. Personally i've been after functionality over styling lately. I'd rather have a nice riding suspension/tires then ones that supposedly "look cool" :yelwacko:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Lets just chalk it up to "creativity"!! Kind of like the Buick Regals with 24's on them. Stupid and foolish but creative.

Definitely not for me. Hotshot put it perfectly.....I want mine fully functional.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I don't get that. Someone somewhere started that crap and everyone has to do the same trend.

Not to mention is looks pathetic.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't get that. Someone somewhere started that crap and everyone has to do the same trend.

Not to mention is looks pathetic.
I totally agree! Why would anyone want to jump on THAT bandwagon?

I couldn't imagine getting a flat tire with a wheel and tire setup like that. That would RUIN those "expensive" wheels in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I haven't seen it... Are they stretching the tire to a wide rim?
No. The rim is actually wider than the tire, and there is a little bit of wheel sticking out. It makes no sense at all and it looks ridiculous.

R

·
0 Posts
Please take some pics the next time you see one....

That's is totally insane not to mention the safety aspect....

Once again Ron White nailed it......:)

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please take some pics the next time you see one....

That's is totally insane not to mention the safety aspect....

Once again Ron White nailed it......:)
There is actually someone on this site with a tire/wheel setup like that. I can't remember who it was though. Not trying to rag on him by any means, but it just makes absolutely no sense.

I mean it's one thing to have looks over functionality (just look at my wing! :gringreen), but it doesn't even look good. It looks like they could afford some nice wheels but could only afford half of the correct tire size or something.

Here are some pics... Could you imagine getting a flat tire on these expensive wheels?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just another trend. They come and go. How many foxes had pink windshield wiper arms back in the late 80's?

Do a google image search for "hella flush".

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ya that's called "stretching" the tire. Its a Euro thing. I did that on my BMW M3, my 330ci and my VW. I didn't really stretch it a lot cause the M3 was SC'd and the VW was over 500whp :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.