Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I've been sitting here at work no less..lol..reading away and dreaming! I want to go order a Mustang so bad I can't stand it. I have it all pictured in my head...I really do...all the way down to the decal kits and all...lol..and I haven't even driven one yet. But I am 39 years old and a single mom of a 4 year old boy. It seems everyone else around me...including the parade to and from the schools...are either in a SUV or mini van. How am I going to look if I'm driving my son to school in a white Mustang GT??! I can't help it!! I have always been a lover of Mustangs and Fords...drive a '91 Taurus at the moment. The first time I saw the '05 I completely fell in love and I can't get it out of my head :shigrin So please help me...tell me honestly...will I look silly?? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'd say you'd be the coolest mom in town.

This is a Mustang forum, though. No one is going to tell ya otherwise.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Go ahead and do it. When I drop my 2 girls off at school they love it because all the other kids freak out. They all say. "Is that your dad's car?" They are as proud of the car as I am.

·
Registered
2 Posts
To Buy or Not to Buy

Life is short....Treat yourself right. Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I'm 50 and fast was never funner....!!! Is that a word..? Oh well, have fun.:strut

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
dshOhio said:
Ok...I've been sitting here at work no less..lol..reading away and dreaming! I want to go order a Mustang so bad I can't stand it. I have it all pictured in my head...I really do...all the way down to the decal kits and all...lol..and I haven't even driven one yet. But I am 39 years old and a single mom of a 4 year old boy. It seems everyone else around me...including the parade to and from the schools...are either in a SUV or mini van. How am I going to look if I'm driving my son to school in a white Mustang GT??! I can't help it!! I have always been a lover of Mustangs and Fords...drive a '91 Taurus at the moment. The first time I saw the '05 I completely fell in love and I can't get it out of my head :shigrin So please help me...tell me honestly...will I look silly?? Thanks for any input.
Nothing wrong with non-conformity.

I'd say all the SUV/Minivans drivers would be jealous!

My mom drove me to school in a 73 Monte Carlo, and all the kids loved the car. Wayyyy better than the buick station wagons etc, everyone else was riding!!

The kids used to ask to get rides home . ..

Besides, who the heck cares how you look!!!!

This is AMERICA!!! Land of the FREE!! Home of the BRAVE!!!

If an American Mom can't face down a bunch of prissy-hissy's, where's this country going to?!!

I say it's your PATRIOTIC DUTY to say "To heck with you all!!! I live only once, and I won't stand for living in a MINIVAN!! I'm mad as heck, and I'm not gonna' take it ANYMORE!!!!"

:sterb:

:kooky:
:smoke:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
OR, at least say, "Hey! Is this YOUR car?! Are YOU paying for it?! -Then shut the heck up, and drive your da** minivan . .. .

:hihi: :thumbsup

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Buy Buy Buy! People's brains turn to mush after buying a minivan, They are a house on wheels where all the kids in the back do nothing but distract the driver, if for nothing else, you will get out of having kids pile in the back so you can take then to soccer practice. Minivans also age people faster than any car on the road. Look and act years younger than the other moms who are drawn into the drab everyday life of a minvan. buy a GT! :thumbsup

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
kscoyote said:
Nothing wrong with non-conformity.

I'd say all the SUV/Minivans drivers would be jealous!

My mom drove me to school in a 73 Monte Carlo, and all the kids loved the car. Wayyyy better than the buick station wagons etc, everyone else was riding!!

The kids used to ask to get rides home . ..

Besides, who the heck cares how you look!!!!

This is AMERICA!!! Land of the FREE!! Home of the BRAVE!!!

If an American Mom can't face down a bunch of prissy-hissy's, where's this country going to?!!

I say it's your PATRIOTIC DUTY to say "To heck with you all!!! I live only once, and I won't stand for living in a MINIVAN!! I'm mad as heck, and I'm not gonna' take it ANYMORE!!!!"
:evilchuck Is that a Fife I hear in the background? :evilchuck

·
Registered
604 Posts
Get It !! !! !! !!

simple, get it, you wont be dissapointed, I know I'm not... and yes the " Cool Mom " factor will be the best:eek:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
pcfrisch said:
:evilchuck Is that a Fife I hear in the background? :evilchuck
yep! and a snare drum!

:thumbsup

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
May even get a few guys chasin ya down for your digits!

You kid will love you for it. My 6 year old wont let me buy nothing besides a Mustang.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Buy Buy Buy! People's brains turn to mush after buying a minivan, They are a house on wheels where all the kids in the back do nothing but distract the driver, if for nothing else, you will get out of having kids pile in the back so you can take then to soccer practice. Minivans also age people faster than any car on the road. Look and act years younger than the other moms who are drawn into the drab everyday life of a minvan. buy a GT! :thumbsup
Just don't try to buy it through my dealer
:heha: :heha: :heha: :heha: :heha: :heha: :heha:

·
Registered
816 Posts
You are an adult. Do what is in your heart. To heck with what people think. Oh, and if you sweet talk pcfrish's dealer, I bet they will sell you his car when it comes in. :scream:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL...thanks guys! It's good to hear that conformity isn't the norm...at least not yet!! I still have to drive one, but I've been afraid. The great part is I still have some time cause I have a family member who works for Ford so I don't have to jump on the promotions going on now. I do have a stupid question for all of you "patiently" waiting for your ordered cars. Did you have to put money down when you ordered, or how does that work?
Thanks again!!

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
dshOhio said:
LOL...thanks guys! It's good to hear that conformity isn't the norm...at least not yet!! I still have to drive one, but I've been afraid. The great part is I still have some time cause I have a family member who works for Ford so I don't have to jump on the promotions going on now. I do have a stupid question for all of you "patiently" waiting for your ordered cars. Did you have to put money down when you ordered, or how does that work?
Thanks again!!
There's a TON of 'em in North Kansas City, I counted 11. 7 GTs and 4 V6s

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
dshOhio said:
Thanks again!!
Some dealers will use your plan id and not require a down payment. Mustang GT's are not included in the promotions that are advertised.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
2k5GTC said:
You are an adult. Do what is in your heart. To heck with what people think. Oh, and if you sweet talk pcfrish's dealer, I bet they will sell you his car when it comes in. :scream:
I should have phrased it "if you want one anytime soon, don't go through my dealer"
:weeps :weeps :weeps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
pcfrisch said:
Some dealers will use your plan id and not require a down payment. Mustang GT's are not included in the promotions that are advertised.
I thought I heard that on the radio the other day....figures..lol.

·
Registered
108 Posts
First of all hello,

Second, life is too short to waste time worrying about what someone else thinks about you or what car you drive. I personally love to be different. I simply do what I like ( within reason and the law ) and what other people might think is of course thier problem to deal with not mine.

However, lets assume that you want to defend your choice to them. Lets look at the avaliable facts:

1) The new Mustang is a safe car. Many SUV's have not recieved very good safety ratings. This is especially true of the high center of gravity truck based SUV which have had roll over problems. So, the other soccer moms cannot use that as a bashing point.

2) The Mustang ( even the GT ) gets significantly better gas milage than the big SUV's and is more enviromentaly responsible than the big SUV.

3) Dealing with kids of any age can be difficult. Kids do not typically like to open up and talk to adults. Kids ( especially teens ) love the new Mustang. It give you an opertunity to use the "cool" car to start conversations with your kids and their friend. Getting the communications started is halft the battle in keeping informed on what the kids are up to. I know I always spent more time with my friends parents who have som type of "cool" hobby or interest.

4) A lady driving a new Mustang just looks hot... So what do you care what the other women think. The men will love it....:thumbsup

Anyway, that is my thoughts about it.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
dshOhio said:
No, you would NOT look silly, you would look cool !
Finally someone breaking free from the suv-minivan syndrome !
Go for it, don't think about it twice, go for it !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts