Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was out at the races on Saturday night and I talked to 5 different guys who said they plugged the IAC valve. I am thinking about doing this myself, I have been messing around with timing and fuel pressure. When I get to 14* timing and about 42#'s fuel pressure and she loves it. But the Idle surges if the IAC is plugged. If I drop the timing to 12* it idles fine but runs much weaker.

So I see other guys have the same problem and plug the IAC. I had a previous post and someone said the computer would go crazy if I eliminated the IAC.

I saw more postings on here that talked about plugged IAC holes.

Any help is appreciated:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I was out at the races on Saturday night and I talked to 5 different guys who said they plugged the IAC valve. I am thinking about doing this myself, I have been messing around with timing and fuel pressure. When I get to 14* timing and about 42#'s fuel pressure and she loves it. But the Idle surges if the IAC is plugged. If I drop the timing to 12* it idles fine but runs much weaker.

So I see other guys have the same problem and plug the IAC. I had a previous post and someone said the computer would go crazy if I eliminated the IAC.

I saw more postings on here that talked about plugged IAC holes.

Any help is appreciated:)
I meant when the IAC is plugged in to the computer, not plugged up

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I run 14 timing, and I don't get a surge. The base idle setting is tricky, and it took me a few times to get it not to surge. Where is it idling at, when the timing is at 14?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.