Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started with 8.5mm msd wires ( MSD 8.5mm Red Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires (94-95 5.0L Mustang) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! )

Those burned from hitting the headers so I went to heat resistance ford racing 9mm wires ( Ford Racing High Performance Mustang Spark Plug Wires - Blue (79-95 5.0/5.8) ) Went through 2 sets of those.

And these will be here thursday ( Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Mustang Spark Plug Wires (94-95 5.0) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! )

The taylor wires say heat resistant up to 600 degrees. I really hope these dont burn up I know they sell heat sleeves to protect them but it looks like these might have a sleeve built on to them. Has anyone used the taylor wires or had them burn up?

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
You will definitely need them boot protectors as the wires will not last touching red hot headers.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered them. Free shipping with a ten dollar handling charge :nono: I dont usually order from jegs shipping takes longer than summit am or cj(when cj has parts in stock :/) but hopefully I wont have to buy wires now.

·
Registered
46,023 Posts
I've had the MSD wires since 2003 and no burnt boots yet because I have those protectors. You'll be glad you got them, they won't burn even if they're right on the header. They'll blacken, but won't burn.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts