Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1966. FORD COUPE, 5.0, automatic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a crazy question but I am having the hardest time locating plug wires for my 66. It has a late model 5.0, but still has the points style cap. Im running pertronix in it. Can someone offer a place or part #?? I need quality and I need red. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,766 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Need to know info on this. If possible, send a picture of your dist cap type (with a plug wire removed), and your plugs and exhaust manifold type. This way it's easier to recommend, 45/90/120 deg angle plug wires, and the cap terminal style is important.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to know info on this. If possible, send a picture of your dist cap type (with a plug wire removed), and your plugs and exhaust manifold type. This way it's easier to recommend, 45/90/120 deg angle plug wires, and the cap terminal style is important.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moroso 9060M or ACCEL 5047K, depending on your wallets pain level. 90 deg at the dist and straight boot at the plug, black. Or Denso 671-8088 angled at the plug. Summit Racing
Thank you, I will look those up later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moroso 9060M or ACCEL 5047K, depending on your wallets pain level. 90 deg at the dist and straight boot at the plug, black. Or Denso 671-8088 angled at the plug. Summit Racing
Would I just need to call theae places to see if they have anything in red? Looks like they are all black and grey..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Would I just need to call theae places to see if they have anything in red? Looks like they are all black and grey..
You didn't say red. I was just using the picture of what you already had.
Summit, SUM-867805R (angle), SUM-867803R straight plug boot. These are a universal so if you have tall valve covers or some strange stuff, they'll work.
Just go on Summit's website and order them, have your credit card ready, and if you order now, LOL.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You didn't say red. I was just using the picture of what you already had.
Summit, SUM-867805R (angle), SUM-867803R straight plug boot. These are a universal so if you have tall valve covers or some strange stuff, they'll work.
Just go on Summit's website and order them, have your credit card ready, and if you order now, LOL.
Thank you! I mentioned red in my original post, lol

·
Registered
2015 Ruby Red GT, 1966 Silver Blue Coupe
677 Posts
Probably a crazy question but I am having the hardest time locating plug wires for my 66. It has a late model 5.0, but still has the points style cap. Im running pertronix in it. Can someone offer a place or part #?? I need quality and I need red. Thanks in advance!
What year motor? I'm curious about this myself as I had a hard time finding plugs that fit my distributor cap. I have a 91 5.0 motor with Pertronix and I ended up with getting a set of Pertronix plug wires but they still don't snap in as tight as id like on the cap and only came in black.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What year motor? I'm curious about this myself as I had a hard time finding plugs that fit my distributor cap. I have a 91 5.0 motor with Pertronix and I ended up with getting a set of Pertronix plug wires but they still don't snap in as tight as id like on the cap and only came in black.
I have no idea! Bought the car with the motor swap and not running. So Im kind of guessing on year. The previous owner just said it was a later model 5.0...

·
Registered
165 Posts
How about a picture of the dist cap with a plug wire off to see what kind of terminal it is. That and the spark plug/exhaust manifold relationship to see if you need angle or straight will work.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have no idea! Bought the car with the motor swap and not running. So Im kind of guessing on year. The previous owner just said it was a later model 5.0...
I see. I bought mine the same way and didn't realize it was a late model 5.0 until I looked at the engine stamp. Its on the passenger side of the block behind the starter if you ever want to look.

·
Registered
677 Posts
He'
How about a picture of the dist cap with a plug wire off to see what kind of terminal it is. That and the spark plug/exhaust manifold relationship to see if you need angle or straight will work.
He's got a pic of the cap further up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see. I bought mine the same way and didn't realize it was a late model 5.0 until I looked at the engine stamp. Its on the passenger side of the block behind the starter if you ever want to look.
Do you have to pull the starter to see it?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Do you have to pull the starter to see it?
No but its a lot easier. If the car is on a lift you can kinda see it with a flashlight. that's what I did. Its on the block just under the head and behind the starter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts