Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I just got my True dual exhaust with flowmasters OG 40 series YAY! My baby sounds sweet! With the combo of my CAI and the exhaust...whoa! watch out, bad azz chick coming through! LOL!

Anyway, my question is this...I got NGK V power plugs and I was wondering if I should or shouldn't change my stock wires? Will it make a difference if I change them out to the FRPP wires? I don't understand the concept of 8.5/9mm wires and whatever size the stock wires...explain please.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am also wondering about this, as the service dealer recommended a change...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
bea_ster said:
Hi all! I just got my True dual exhaust with flowmasters OG 40 series YAY! My baby sounds sweet! With the combo of my CAI and the exhaust...whoa! watch out, bad azz chick coming through! LOL!

Anyway, my question is this...I got NGK V power plugs and I was wondering if I should or shouldn't change my stock wires? Will it make a difference if I change them out to the FRPP wires? I don't understand the concept of 8.5/9mm wires and whatever size the stock wires...explain please.
Basically you get more energy to the spark plug due to less resistance resulting from better conductivity of the material, and more material.

It works better for the same reason fat speaker wire gives you better sound than thin speaker wire.

But, it only REALLY makes that much of a difference at RPMs MUCH, MUCH higher than the heads & cams will allow, OR if you're running some kind of power adder.

Unless you've got a set of hot cams, or N20, a supercharger, or a turbocharger, it's just a codpiece, and you performance dollar is better spent elsewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.