Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the next week or so I plan on upgrading rotor, pads and painting my calipers. I would like to remove all 4 calipers and brackets to perform the clean up and painting on my work bench instead of on the car. I seem to be at a loss about how to plug the end of the brake line while I have these removed for a few days, so it wont drip all over. Specifically , looking to plug the line as if I were changing the brakes lines themselves, where the flexible line mates to the solid line.

I have seen some YouTube videos where a guy uses a stubby rubber cap. Where do I get those? What about a brass screw-in brake line stopper? Does anyone know the thread size of the flexible end line connector?

thanks!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I see that there are not to many ideas out there. I also decided to upgrade the brake line with the FRPP BOSS lines.

Most people I talked to say that pinching the line, even though its rubber will ultimately damage the line so that one is out of the question.

So here are two other possible solutions:

I bought some various sized vacuum line plugs that I can cap the male end of the solid hose line where it disconnects from the flexible hose line. Since the brake line wont be pressurized, I think this may work just to stop the drip. I can even use a cable tie to secure them.

Also I have determined that the hard line connects to the brake line with an M 10x 1 connector, so I will also scour the auto parts store to find a stop nut of that size.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took off the calipers and brake lines this evening and the $1.40 set of vacuum line plugs did the trick. Now my calipers and brackets are on my bench where I can prep for paint.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts