Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been trying to figure out what would be the best plug for power increase. Much to my dismay, lol, i have not been able to come to a difinitive answer yet. lol. soo if anyone has replaced their plugs and had a decent power increase let me know. btw i still have the factory plugs in, only 24k my car.

·
Registered
751 Posts
You are not gonna see much if any power increase from any spark plug. However, with better plugs you are gonna feel the car run and accelerate smoother. It will have more of that get up and go. I have the Bosch +4 Platinum plugs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about trying the E3 diamond fire plugs. my mechanic was checking into them for me. but i wanted to ask you guys. checking to see if anyone has used them before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
E3 Plugs

Horsepower TV on Spike channel dynoed E3 vs other plugs. E3 gained about 5 HP and reduced fuel usage. I put them in a year ago and get 32mpg cruising down the interstate at 75.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i have the bosch +2 plugs and a screamin demon coil and live wires and i gained about a mpg. jayberg how the F do you get 32 mpg??? im lucky if i get 27

·
Registered
44 Posts
Really

I'm consistently at 30mpg highway, got 32mpg going across Nebraska on I80, flat and straight. Must be the E3 plugs.

·
Registered
495 Posts
still how the **** do you get 30 mpg on highway?????

what are you running in the car that gets you that?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not really that. i am getting 27-32 on the hwy now. that is in the hot humid air in southeast alabama. lol i get 16-18 in the city with normal driving. 14-16 with agressive driving, quick take off's and the occasional launch to shut-up a ricer. hahaha plus i get that on at the autoX too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i owuld kill for that

do yo uguys drive like exactly the speed limit?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
on the plugs, when i got it, it had autolites and it was stock. when i added some stuff i went to the motorcraft platinums. when i added the coil and wires i went to bosch fusions and it ran great. last month i was trying some different tunes and i put the motorcraft in, but i think the bosch ran stronger and i`m gonna put those back in.. i might want to try the e3`s. ive heard a few bad things about them on the forums though, like they dont last long maybe?

on the milage, i drive 8 miles of highway and11 miles of hilly,winedy country road to work and home each day and best ive got is 26.5 running tillmans race tune and my mods. and thats hammering it some and alot of aggresive take offs. worst ive had is 20.5 and thats doing a couple wot tests on the tunes, a few dyas in a row, on the highway home. ive yet to get it on a long trip.

·
Registered
495 Posts
well my cars all stock right now... im hoping my millage will improve with CAI exaust and live wires.

well see

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.