Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! i have been doing some research on spark plugs and spark plug wires, and all i need now is some reviews from you all. what plugs do you run, and how much gap for a an upgraded cam with 312 lift, 19# injectors, and the normal bolt on's (ie. bbk cai, bbk 75mm tb, etc? last, ive been having problems with MSD's wires. i have heard good things about ford racings product. have you heard the same? any advice would be great. thank you all!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Copper plugs, Ford wires are good suprised you had problems with msd, gap is kinda what you run good with usually between 52-60. I run 58.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ive always heard to steer clear of the platinum plugs with these cars, Ive heard they dont like platinum.
As far as a good plug brand ever1 seems to like autolite, Ive never had trouble from the cheap NGKs either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah had major issues with msd's wires. i was tweaking the timing one day and my left palm grazed the number 1 plug wire and away i went. worst shock i ever got. turned out that my plug wires were split only had them a few months. maybe i baught a defective product. thanks for the advice. copper is the way to go.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i got Taylor wires cheaper then ford wires and i heard there better so far so good on mine a little on the long side but zip ties fix that

·
Registered
604 Posts
i got Taylor wires cheaper then ford wires and i heard there better so far so good on mine a little on the long side but zip ties fix that

Ya Ive been seeing alot of taylor products around lately, I was considering buying there cap and rotor. How do you like the quality? Or does any1 have any experience with Taylor products that they would like to share?

·
Registered
372 Posts
the wires are made very well they also come with extra wire ends if the wires are way off but they all fit pretty well but like i said they where about an inch or to to long but its really no big deal

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stuck with the ford wires and autolite coppers at 55. thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts