Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can u help I have some q ? (My car is bolt-ons)
1- I just bought procharger (p1-sc1 intercooled) and the man who sell it to me said (stock block ) can't take more than 6-7 psi (about 430 HP max) or the engine will damge is it true? (And witch is best for engine life 6 or 7 boost (daily driving-long range) ? (Consider I'm in saudi arabia and temp is very hot)

2-i just updated my tune (bama tunes) for the delete motion and the RPM raises to 6800 is it a good thing or it should be limited to 6500 RPM ?

3-i wanna buy a clutch stage 3 (because of the procharger ) and am looking for somthing can hold the power and good for daily driving and the most important thing is light padel (so no SPEC plz too hard ) I'm thinking about (ZOOM) I heared its light (and even lighter than stock) and its within price rang (350$) ?

Thank u all :)
Abo d7m (from saudi arabia )

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Hi
Can u help I have some q ? (My car is bolt-ons)
1- I just bought procharger (p1-sc1 intercooled) and the man who sell it to me said (stock block ) can't take more than 6-7 psi (about 430 HP max) or the engine will damge is it true? (And witch is best for engine life 6 or 7 boost (daily driving-long range) ? (Consider I'm in saudi arabia and temp is very hot)

2-i just updated my tune (bama tunes) for the delete motion and the RPM raises to 6800 is it a good thing or it should be limited to 6500 RPM ?

3-i wanna buy a clutch stage 3 (because of the procharger ) and am looking for somthing can hold the power and good for daily driving and the most important thing is light padel (so no SPEC plz too hard ) I'm thinking about (ZOOM) I heared its light (and even lighter than stock) and its within price rang (350$) ?

Thank u all :)
Abo d7m (from saudi arabia )
1. I wouldn't go any past that on the stock block. As far as which is better for longevity, the lower the boost, the lower the risk.

2. It is fine, I just wouldn't spend a lot of time there. If you are really worried about it, you can call them and have them bring it back down to 6500.

3. Unless you plan on racing, you should be fine with a Stage 2. The Stage 3 will hold up with abuse a lot better, but won't be as friendly as as Stage 2 for a daily driver. I have a Spec Stage 1 and wouldn't recommend it

·
Registered
825 Posts
1. I wouldn't go any past that on the stock block. As far as which is better for longevity, the lower the boost, the lower the risk.

2. It is fine, I just wouldn't spend a lot of time there. If you are really worried about it, you can call them and have them bring it back down to 6500.

3. Unless you plan on racing, you should be fine with a Stage 2. The Stage 3 will hold up with abuse a lot better, but won't be as friendly as as Stage 2 for a daily driver. I have a Spec Stage 1 and wouldn't recommend it
1. I disagree 430rwhp is pretty conservative. I have been running 10psi 470rwhp for almost 2 years. A good tune goes a long way!

2. Dont need to call Bama change it yourself - it over writes that parameter in tune when downloading.

3. McLeod RST twin disk is one of the best on the market good for 800rwhp. But more expensive @ $700.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Ok thanks gays
But I think the engine will not hold 10 psi because of the temp here
What kind of temps are we talking about?

B
0 Posts
Ok thanks
But do u have any idea about clutchs ? (Somthing light and good)

I've only run the Ram Powergrip (organic single disc) on both a 480 rwhp and 610 rwhp. It takes the abuse with no problem but is a heavier clutch. The Spec car I have driven had a very light clutch pedal. I guess every car is different when it comes to pedal pressure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts