Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering,if I want to change my rotors from O.E.M. to front and back drilled and slotted,I have to look for normal V6 or the GT one!
The shop near home think that I need the GT ones because the PONY PACKAGE is basically a GT with the V6 engine.
Any ideas?
I don't want to spend a fortune....I was looking on Ebay and around 175-200$ for all four rotors!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
The pony pkg is not "basically a GT w/ the V6 engine". The stock brakes on all V6's are from a previous gen's GT but not the current GT, AFAIK. Not sure about the perf pkg V6 brakes.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hammergjh is correct. The pony pacage V6 still has smaller front rotors than GT. Everything else with the brake system is the same. There are other differences than just the engine as well. Ford Racing has an upgrade kit for V6 to GT front rotors and it's pretty cheap. If you are already getting new rotors, then you might be able to find the brackets for the conversion seperate. The kit just has 2 brackets and 2 larger rotors.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
an easy way to tell is looking at the frt rotor, the dust shield backing plate just behind the rotor will be about 1/2" larger than the v6 rotor, and its edge is flush with the gt rotors. :) ( or you could just pull the wheel and measure)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Go ahead and get the ones you saw on ebay, they will fit. You just need new caliper brackets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts