Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Mustang V6 but I like the 2006 Pony package. I have added most of the items from the package to my car except the grille. I just added the side markers. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Electric Banana said:
I have a 2005 Mustang V6 but I like the 2006 Pony package. I have added most of the items from the package to my car except the grille. I just added the side markers. What do you think?
That looks SWEET!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Been wanting to do that since I saw them on the ' 06 Stangs. Where did you get those tricolor pony emblems from and are OEM parts?

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I did pay $39 for them on Ebay and shipping was free. They are OEM and they come with mounting posts on them that would require holes to be drilled in the fender to mount them as well as two-sided tape. I cut off the mounting posts and used just the tape. Went on fine. They sell the pony grille as well but it is over $300 so I am trying to convince myself that I don't love it (so far it's working but I know deep down that I would love to have it).

·
Registered
255 Posts
$40 is WAY too high. (that's why shipping was free) Try your local Ford dealer's parts department first.

Yes they have the same alignment pins as the GT emblem so they fit with no modifications.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have seen soem on Ebay for around $29. I would wait there will be more to show up. Can anybody help with a Ford part number for them?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Uh...

Electric Banana said:
Yes, I did pay $39 for them on Ebay and shipping was free. They are OEM and they come with mounting posts on them that would require holes to be drilled in the fender to mount them as well as two-sided tape. I cut off the mounting posts and used just the tape. Went on fine. They sell the pony grille as well but it is over $300 so I am trying to convince myself that I don't love it (so far it's working but I know deep down that I would love to have it).
What does this grill look like? How is it different from the '05?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine are the 1968 tribar ponies. I shaved the pins off and used 3M tape to apply. This was my very first mod. Check it out. Got'em for $9 apiece and better quality.

april_may_05_158

Click on image to view larger image​

·
Registered
478 Posts
I found the part numbers on another site

I don't know which one is which, or cost: 6R3Z16228A 6R3Z16228B

·
Registered
502 Posts
PHATTZZ STANG said:
Mine are the 1968 tribar ponies. I shaved the pins off and used 3M tape to apply. This was my very first mod. Check it out. Got'em for $9 apiece and better quality.

[url="http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/medium/20135april_may_05_158.jpg"]http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/medium/20135april_may_05_158.jpg[/url]april_may_05_158

Click on image to view larger image​
Hey Phattzz, I ordered those too, got 'em about two weeks ago, but they've been sitting in the box as I formulated a strategy for install. I really like the sounds of your approach; thus, the following questions:

1) You "shaved" them off...could you share the specifics/tools of that technique?

2) Did you put the tape on just the pony, or where? The ones I got are concave, where the tribar edge would be the only contact point. I was trying to figure out how I was gonna do that tape job, so as to ensure maximum "stickage"...

Thanks in advance, bro...

·
Registered
155 Posts
zregime said:
Hey Phattzz, I ordered those too, got 'em about two weeks ago, but they've been sitting in the box as I formulated a strategy for install. I really like the sounds of your approach; thus, the following questions:

1) You "shaved" them off...could you share the specifics/tools of that technique?

2) Did you put the tape on just the pony, or where? The ones I got are concave, where the tribar edge would be the only contact point. I was trying to figure out how I was gonna do that tape job, so as to ensure maximum "stickage"...

Thanks in advance, bro...
By now you have probaly figured it out but use a grinder and grind the pins down //next take the 3m tape and place it in the middle of the tribars. You will need to double up on the tape in the middle and you will get maximum stick. :cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts
That tribar emblem looks great on the yellow, really stands out. I've wanted to replace my GT fender emblems with the tribar pony ones ever since I got my GT. I know on the 06's, the tribar emblem uses the same mounting holes as the GT emblem.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
When I put nitrous in my Mustang I wanted something just a little different to let people know my car was different from a stock Mustang without sacrificing the basically stock look that I like. I also really like the little splash of color this emblem gives my all black Mustang.

As far as removing my stock GT emblems I just put a hair dryer on them for a few minutes and they lift right off without fishing line or anything like that. A little rubbing alcohol removed the remaining gunk with no problems and no damage to my paint. These emblems were without the studs so I just had to make sure they were straight and they covered the holes.

I'd love to know what everyone thinks of them, good or bad. I know most on this board like the tri-bar pony, I just wanted something to signify my N20.

Attachments

·
Registered
502 Posts
5twenty said:
I'd love to know what everyone thinks of them, good or bad. I know most on this board like the tri-bar pony, I just wanted something to signify my N20.
The red against the black looks money...good choice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.