Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
do the pony spinners that came on my 05 actually spin or do they just sit there and look stupid? :help:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I was worried mine WOULD spin...wouldn't have ordered them if I hadn't bought Dixi off the lot. I've seen cars pull up to stoplights with the spinners still going, and it is trez cheese. I've come to love those little buggers and check every morning to make sure they're all there...have heard it's an item for the petty thieves among us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just dumb Huh?

so they are just stupid huh, my PLASTIC is corroding on the stupid things and they are beginning to loook like sh**, anybody know if someone makesjust center caps that match the V6 16' color? I think that would look so much better!!! I feel sorry for you guys that love em but i just despise the things! Do they serve any purpose at all? All they do is stick out! Now if they had spikes or blades......... maybe i should sharpen them!! LOL If some pathetic nimrod tries to steal em he'll have a hard time grabbing razors!!!!!! LMAO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should I change to chrome bullits with spinners?

So you wouldn't recommend a change to polished bullits with pony spinners for my GT (offered as Ford accessories)? I have painted aluminum bullits now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
jgb_v6_05 said:
Hey everyone,
do the pony spinners that came on my 05 actually spin or do they just sit there and look stupid? :help:
The term "spinner" was used to describe the original purpose of these type of wheel accessories when they were first introduced on the mid-60's Corvettes. They were a carryover from racecars. The wheel didn't have lug nuts to hold them on, the "spinner" was threaded on the spindle to attach the wheel to the car. It was done so as to speed up wheel and tire replacements during a race. Nowadays they are simply nothing but decoration pieces.:thumbsup

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Hey thanks for the info i had read that in another forum already but thanks anyway!

AS forshould you get the chrome Bullits! Heck yeah, they are reallygreat looking, a little oerused on the 05 but who cares, just get the center cap w/ fordlogo or ford racing, i just think the "spinner" takes away from the look of the wheels!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts