Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was really glad to see the ponybuilder site cause you could really try some different stuff and see how it would look. Liked the GT satin grill a lot but they didn't say what it was made of. The Ford 3 piece indicated stainless but not the satin; so I called. They said polished aluminum. Cool. I had covered all my bases. Ordered it, got it, read directions; when it showed how to put the unit back on it didn't say anything about returning the pony emblem. Called again and was told, oh to put the pony back on you would have to heat it and bend it in the middle to conform to the new grill. Guess they figured everone has welding equpment if they are ordering a grill. If you notice on their website they include the pony as an accessory to be used with the grill but they sure don't say anything about heating, bending and manipulating to get the pony back on. I really wanted to have the pony in the middle of the grill. You can bet they did not forget to put that information in the site. They knew they wouldn't sell a lot of grills if you could'nt put the logo back on. Beware Greeks bearing gifts.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
There are plenty of Grills out there with the cut out already in it for the Pony. I am eventually going to order a solid grill and get the older running Pony Emblem to put on off set form the center.

I think fromt he picture you should have known it would not take the pony, but thats just me. I also looked at it and I don't feel they were being misleading. A lot of aftermarket parts require modifications to stock parts to function the way an individual wants them to and not as originally intended. I have bumped into this with adjustable fuel pressure regulators, Headers, Fog Lights, and body pieces.

Sorr, just not a big fan of bashing suppliers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kyle F said:
There are plenty of Grills out there with the cut out already in it for the Pony. I am eventually going to order a solid grill and get the older running Pony Emblem to put on off set form the center.

I think fromt he picture you should have known it would not take the pony, but thats just me. I also looked at it and I don't feel they were being misleading. A lot of aftermarket parts require modifications to stock parts to function the way an individual wants them to and not as originally intended. I have bumped into this with adjustable fuel pressure regulators, Headers, Fog Lights, and body pieces.

Sorr, just not a big fan of bashing suppliers.
Easier to say when you're not the bashee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts