Ford Mustang Forum banner

Pop quiz - what is this part?

2K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  jasinedward 
#1 ·
So lets see who can figure out what this part is. 15 more just like it came in the box today. It is a teaser for my next thread coming later next week.

See less See more
#2 ·
head bolts / studs

#4 ·
I think they have something to do with the heads ? :grinroll:

#6 ·
12 point cyl head stud with hardened washer.

#7 ·
So that was too easy. ARP head studs for the ported head and lower intake next week.

#9 ·
I'm hoping it will be back together and tuned by Thursday night (5/2) to go down to Bradenton for test and tune. But I'll go down on the 18th for sure for the Street Heat and I'll have drag radials by then too.

#13 ·
Well I will keep you posted. I'm hoping it is ready for Thursday night. But there is a 50% chance of isolated storms Thursday too. If Thursday doesn't work out then when I go on the 18th I'll do one run on my street tires just to compare to my last run. But then I'll be putting the DRs on to see what it will really do.

#12 ·
Looking forward to the results!!

#14 ·
Indeed.............

#15 ·
So the car is at the speed shop getting taken apart today. They did a baseline dyno pull and he called me to say it was 275 rwhp. I still think my Bama tune had a lot left in it. They will do another pull with the same tune after the heads are swapped so we can see what the difference is with the same tune. Then they will be doing a custom dyno tune to see how much we can get out of it. Once I have more info on Wednesday or Thursday I will be starting a new thread with all the information about the heads.

#16 ·
So the car is at the speed shop getting taken apart today. They did a baseline dyno pull and he called me to say it was 275 rwhp. I still think my Bama tune had a lot left in it. They will do another pull with the same tune after the heads are swapped so we can see what the difference is with the same tune. Then they will be doing a custom dyno tune to see how much we can get out of it. Once I have more info on Wednesday or Thursday I will be starting a new thread with all the information about the heads.
I'm hoping it puts up some great NA gains with the head porting.:bigthumbsup

#17 ·
looking forward :smoke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.