Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i take off from a stop not hard but but not gr5anny slow either i hear one pop coming from the rear of the car i dont think it is my rearend but i do think it is a bushing some were does anyone know witch bushing it could be or were i can start looking the rear end is working fine no whinning or grinding it just one pop and it only does it every once in a while help its making me crazy it sounds like a coke bottle in my trunk when i take off or go into reverse and only does it once each way thanks for the help!!!:worship

·
Registered
7 Posts
Rear end noise

Hi, I'm having the same problem, I've tried everything I can think of, it sounds like someones in the trunk with a hammer when I take off or sometimes when I shift.Very anoying. try when the car is on the ground grabing the rear wheel with both hands and rocking it back and forth, it will make the noise. Sorry I can't help but I'm still working on it. I have an 87 5.0 Converible.:heha:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
keep your eyes open for a thread i will find out what it is im putting my car on lift at work and i am figuring it out my friend says it is rear swaybar bushings if you ever need anything all my friends have foxes. eme at [email protected] we will get to the bottom of this just you wait and see and i will fill you in my name is aj cates

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
U joints? Sub frame connectors will do wonders for old fox verts. Have you looked at your torque boxes? Mine had to be rewelded more than once.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Possibly the rear control arm, shocks or quad shocks may be loose also. I also have a vert, seems like its only on them gunna have to keep an eye out for that noise when shes back together. I would say check out your rear control arms because the extra weight of a vert put alot of strain on them seeing as their weak to begin with. Let me know if you guys figure this out just incase it happens to me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts