Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else also have this problem, When I turn on the fan there is a popping sound every 5-10 second. might be normal, but I just want to double check.

Thanks in advance,:drink:,
Ashveem

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention, I have a 2006 Screaming Yellow Mustang GT Manual if it helps.

:drink:
Ashveem

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Are you sure it's not the air conditioner, it will cycle with the defrost on.

·
Registered
599 Posts
More stereo and rpm's oughta fix that right up:) .................Mine dosnt seem to do it, but my blower seems kinda loud now that u mention it.:sosad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pcfrisch said:
Are you sure it's not the air conditioner, it will cycle with the defrost on.
1.it also pop when Air conditioner is off and fan is on.

NewPonyGuy said:
Mine makes the clicking sound when the AC is on. The dealer said it was normal. It annoys me a bit.
2. it sounds too loud for it to be normal( and yes, it is very annoying)

hogpowr said:
More stereo and rpm's oughta fix that right up:) .................Mine dosnt seem to do it, but my blower seems kinda loud now that u mention it.:sosad:
3. I will one soon, but sometimes you need to wipe your ass instead of just covering it up with perfume. :D

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
It is normal however annoyying it is. It happens whenever you have the air switch on anytihng but off(ie heat, AC, fan). It is the compressor clutch when it turns on and off.

This is from another post:

"The click you hear is the electromagnetic clutches on the AC compressor engaging and disengaging. When power is applied to the clutches (on the inside of the AC pulley) they snap outwards, grabbing the pulley and making the AC compressor spin over. This is why you can feel it in the driveline, the AC compressor sucks 5-10 HP away instantaneously. When power is cut to the clutches, they retract and the AC compressor stops spinning. "

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Ashveem said:
1.it also pop when Air conditioner is off and fan is on.

2. it sounds too loud for it to be normal( and yes, it is very annoying)

3. I will one soon, but sometimes you need to wipe your ass instead of just covering it up with perfume. :D
Like I said before, the defroster cycles the a/c too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually he said when the A/C is OFF. I have the same problem man. '06 GT/Auto. Every time I'm NOT running the A/C there's a loud pop whenever I accelerate or brake. If I have the A/C ON, there's no pop UNTIL I park and shut the car off, then it mockingly gives me one good one... You're the only other person I've found that has had this problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts