Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a few weeks ago i took my 69 coupe to the strip and found that i spun one tire all the way through the 1/8th mile. but if i am sitting in my drive way and just spin my tires for a second, there are 2 marks on the drive way. Why and i getting posi sometimes. is there a easy way to check to see if i have posi?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Jack up the rearend. Turn one wheel. If the other one goes the opposite direction it's an open rear. It's not a posi though. Sometimes if you have pretty good hp you will spin 2 tires on the street because the resistance is low, but on a track with all the rubber and sticky stuff, you will only spin one. You definitely need something different if you are spinning the whole way down the track

·
Registered
460 Posts
Btw, Posi is GM term

Real Ford guys call it: Traction lock or Limited slip

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your right, posi is a gm term, i work on more gm's tham fords... cause gm's break more than fords

·
Registered
44 Posts
mil1ion thats what i thought 2 funny thing is in the new cj pony parts book they call em posi rears i was like....wtf???...i guess people dont remember it from back in the day....i even knew it and im 17 and didnt live back then!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Btw, Posi is GM term

Real Ford guys call it: Traction lock or Limited slip

hey 1 in a million hows things over there when did you get the stang? still over on the bumpside site?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yepperie Kilog, actually I am on 29 Ford sites these days

I bought my 68 Mustang Back in 1987 from the original owner .

·
Banned
7,170 Posts
you've got to be kidding me......seriously? what do you do if your mustang has an auburn or other aftermarket "posi" in it? :happyhapp posi is a generic term. its not gm, its not mopar, and its not ford. look it up!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Positraction ended up being a general term. YEah GM uses Positraction, Ford uses Traction Lock(or Trac-Lok for short), Mopar had Sure Grip and the only other one I remember is like Nissan or some import that called theres Posi-Track. Mopar doesnt even call theres Sure Grip anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.