Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope some of you out there owning a 2014 V6 mustang will be able to help me: I need to know the exact position where the vehicle number or VIN is etched on the chassis. I know that there is a VIN on the left corner of the windscreen, but this is not what I need. If you have a 2014 V6 coupe, could you pse have a look under your car and see if you can spot the position where the VIN is etched on the chassis? I need the position with reference for example to the front axle. It is very important for me, as without this info I cannot import the car in the Netherlands. Thanks in advance ! Alberto

·
0 Posts
Besides the wind shield, there is the one inside the door on the ID plate. I don't think there is one on the chassis though.

Federal Regulation for VIN #s.
" (e) The VIN of each vehicle shall appear clearly and indelibly upon
either a part of the vehicle, other than the glazing, that is not
designed to be removed except for repair or upon a separate plate or
label that is permanently affixed to such a part.
(f) The VIN for passenger cars, multipurpose passenger vehicles and
trucks of 4536 kg or less GVWR shall be located inside the passenger
compartment. It shall be readable, without moving any part of the
vehicle, through the vehicle glazing under daylight lighting conditions
by an observer having 20/20 vision (Snellen) whose eye-point is located
outside the vehicle adjacent to the left windshield pillar. Each
character in the VIN subject to this paragraph shall have a minimum height of 4mm."

If they don't accept the one inside the door, you may have to etch the chassis yourself in order to pass. Good Luck

·
Registered
187 Posts
Well, these cars don't have a chassis. They're unibody and except for front fenders, hood, trunk, and doors, the rest of the sheet metal is rather permanent and part of the whole structure.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Hope some of you out there owning a 2014 V6 mustang will be able to help me: I need to know the exact position where the vehicle number or VIN is etched on the chassis.
I don't know about etched, stamped or engraved, but there are a bunch of stickers underneath the car.

I took a bunch of pics recently when I had my cat-back exhaust installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts