Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2012 Mustang GT. Great car.. love it. I'm interested in the 2015 for the new look and weight savings. Anywhoo.. I received a marketing survey in the mail about my car and I decided to take it. The questions all seemed to want to know what I'd want in the next mustang.. how much I'd pay for each feature.. and how likely I would buy other brands at different prices. I think this is a sneak peak of the engines that will be offered in 2015.

LED Lights, heads up displays, paddle shifters, and a 10 speed auto transmission were also listed to see if I was interested in those options. Yes.. 10 speed auto.

I'm digging on the turbo with GTDI perf package! I'm at a mile high so turbos really rock.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
In terms of engine options they seem right about on par with what's realistic. A few people like to speculate that the next car will have anywhere from 450 to 475 hp but it's unrealistic. 430 hp is a good number.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
too bad they don't ask "what don't you want?"...I mean c'mon do I have to have 33 airbags and a lighted cupholder? No sync, no skip shift, no more weak suspension parts...I just think they should offer a more stripped "tuner" edt...lower price, lower weight...they did it before it was the GTs

·
Registered
295 Posts
too bad they don't ask "what don't you want?"...I mean c'mon do I have to have 33 airbags and a lighted cupholder? No sync, no skip shift, no more weak suspension parts...I just think they should offer a more stripped "tuner" edt...lower price, lower weight...they did it before it was the GTs
Heck yeah a no option car would be cool. But I'm not sure if they can do that anymore. Just not too many people wanting a stripper model.

Still interesting mention of the 4 banger turbo.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I dont think a stripped out "LX" model would sell many units.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Heck yeah a no option car would be cool. But I'm not sure if they can do that anymore. Just not too many people wanting a stripper model.

Still interesting mention of the 4 banger turbo.
well the problem they have with all these new "innovations" is the cost! What will a new GT price at? 40? I mean please, the car is completely out of price range for the average to even above average Joe....I still think the C6 vette has the best all around setup...a great small block, simple 6 spd, huge brakes and IRS...I'm just not sure I can be "that guy"

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
well the problem they have with all these new "innovations" is the cost! What will a new GT price at? 40? I mean please, the car is completely out of price range for the average to even above average Joe....I still think the C6 vette has the best all around setup...a great small block, simple 6 spd, huge brakes and IRS...I'm just not sure I can be "that guy"
The base GT wont be 40k. Id put money on 32-33k.

The C6 was over 40k when new. Of course its going to have better equipment. Its a shame you need to go through a mid life crisis first to own one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I hear ya man. Which is why I bought my base model used. Yes those C6 vettes are nice. My cousin has one and its a blast to drive. But even if I could afford it I wouldn't buy one. I'm a Mustang guy all the way. auto.gif

The base GT wont be 40k. Id put money on 32-33k
Probably about right. Maybe 35k at the most.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
A stripped car would sell badly. Would have to say you can order one somewhat stripped, but things like airbargs are mandatory now.

I'm going through my midlife crisis building my 1988 and while there are far better choices, my budget was under $5K so to do anything else whould have been even more underwhelming. If you need a stripper, pick up an old fox and build it the way you want. For $40K I could easily build a Fox that can beat any new domestic out there in all forms of auto racing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why does it say 4.9L V8 instead of 5.0L? And where is the V6 option?
The survey intentionally adjusted the displacement of the engine options to throw people off. Survey companies do that all the time. They want the survey taker to give an unbiased opinion (and so does the manufacturer who hired them), so they manipulate things a little bit.

Stating directly that it's a Ford Mustang or making it easy to figure out by posting the exact specifications would lead to some of the people in the random sample giving potentially biased opinions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts