Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I looked at a review of the new Jaguar XF and XFR. For 2010, the XF now has only one engine option, and that is a brand spankin new 5.0 V8 developed by Jaguar in house. It is a 32V direct injection design making 385hp and somewhere near 390tq. I know that Ford does not own Jag anymore, but my mind got spinning thinking that maybe this was a joint venture between the two companies and that maybe, just maybe, the new 5.0 going into the mustang is going to be direct injection? This could account for the possibility of the engine making 400hp with a very high compression ratio. I'm just confused on how Ford will make 400hp with port injection and still be able to run 87 octane. That is, if they decide to make the new engine capable of running 87.
What do you guys think?

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/29/first-drive-2010-jaguar-xfr-xkr-and-one-of-the-best-v8s-on-the/

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
A 400hp would be nice but I don't worry about that stuff untill it happens.

·
Registered
621 Posts
the 5.0 coyote from what i've heard is supposed to be direct injection

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
The motor that was slated for the 2010 was a lot bigger than 5.0L but was killed a few years ago when the big three started to get smacked around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The motor that was slated for the 2010 was a lot bigger than 5.0L but was killed a few years ago when the big three started to get smacked around.
Good move on the PR side of Ford as well. Alot of people are salivating at the mouth to see the 5.0 badge back on their cars :D

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I personally don't care about the badging, it's the performance that I'm interested in. Just me...:happyhapp

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.