Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my engine is flooded. I was doing a idle curb adj; the one where you unplug the iac connector set the idle turn the car off and disconnect the neg. battery lead. Plug the connector back in connect the battery lead and start the car. When I disconnected the iac the engine stalled. I won't start back up with the iac connector disconnected so I plugged it back up and started the car. Then I disconnected the iac same thing happened. This time I plugged it back up whent to start the car and it would not start. Tried giving it alil gas still won't start. After a few attemps waited bout 20min. tried again no start. I hooked up a sunpro code reader to the car to see if a had a engine off malfunction but it reads good from the ecu electrical check. who knows what it would read if my engine would start. This is my car I use for going to work so it sucks that It's not started should I just wait longer and try? Or if its flooded do I have to do something else to unflood it ? Buy the way it a 89 GT.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
For the engine to stall when disconnecting the IAC means the IAC is working. If it'd keep running but slow down would also mean the IAC is working. If it never affected the idle quality at all would mean the IAC is faulty.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only problem now it getting it to start. I'm not sure rather to just let it sit longer or what to get it started.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
So what are you trying to do? Set the idle speed?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes. But know I can't get the car to even start. all the connectors are back on.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Let it sit for a while and try it again.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a few days I still couldn't start my car. I hooked up a code reader CPU is good. I hooked up a timing light did not get a spark off the ignition coil. ohmed through the coil the coil it was 6.5ohms I think that might be too high for a ignition coil. Also my distributor car a rotor looked pretty bad. I changed the ignition coil distributor cap and rotor. Engine still will not crank. My next guess is a bad ignition module.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.