Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 88 mustang gt which i just put new procomp shorty headers on dont know if anyone has heard anything about them but seemed very quality and werent to hard to install. the only problem was some of the tubes were bubbled out so it was very hard to install bolts. now i have a ticking noise(i used the search option and found many things) i only hear ticking from the drivers side i am almost possitive it is the headers. i got the bolts as tight as i could with tools i had does anyone have any other ideas on how to get them tighter? could i have blown a gasket? any help would be great and if any questions need to be asked ask away!! thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
It is possible to have bolwn a gasket or the header bolts could be a "little loose", they arent that hard to change so you could start there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well i thought it was my oil dipstick tube hitting on one of the header pipes seemed logical... it still does it though and all of my bolts are tight i will have to pull it off(yippeee) and check my gasket and hope for the best

·
Registered
508 Posts
Usually if there is an exaughst leak, when you take apart the gasket you will see a black exaughst stain where it shouldnt be. And thats usually the leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.