Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know I own a 1978 Mustang Cobra II and that I was really looking for a V8 Mustang but bought her anyway and was happy none the less. Well now is my chance to buy a Black and Gold 1976 Cobra II for 1500 dollars! It has some troubles such as a Knocking engine, a hole in the gas tank, dented in fender, and the front windshield is smashed, but from the pictures she is a looker. The guy has had 10 people ask about it and because I told him I already had a II he decided to hold everyone else off until I had a look at it because he knew I would appreciate it. I am very excited because I always wanted to drop a 351C into a car like this though I may just end up sticking with the 302.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
It may be a little to much that he's asking. $245 for a new windshield, $109 for a new tank, and $99 for the fender. Maybe even an engine rebuild ($650 plus). You are already over $1000 in the hole at the least. Maybe he'll go down in the price.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get the windshield free through insurance. Gas tank can be patched. If the knock is something to serious I'll end up replacing the engine. 1500 bucks is decent. Another 76 in my area is going for 12000. I find that laughable though. I'll probably end up trying to find a 77 with a 2.8 to round out my collection.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
If your insurance is will then ok. They make patches for the gas tank for about $25. The Mustang II for $12,000. is a little high but my insurance valued mine at $10,500 without even looking at it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Christ I should get my appraised.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is official I am soon to be the New Owner of a 1976 Mustang Cobra II. She needs some work in the body and engine area but overall for 1500 bucks I couldn't let it go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
too much money

had a guy offer me 1000 for my 77 302 auto and its solid as a rock needs some paint tho and he could have drove it home 1500 sound like alot for a ii when you got to do so much to it to even be able to drive it but you could have gotten a steal in your eyes as long as your happy thats all that matters

·
Registered
254 Posts
due do it.... i miss my cobra II

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.