Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever heard of this being done?

I want to relocate it somewhere else, possibly in the fenderwell.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
It is in the fender well . I'm sure you could use one of those aftermarket catch cans and plumb it to work with the washer fluid .

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You could get one from a '79-'85, they are big and ugly, but they hold both coolant, and windshield washer fluid. It goes on the driver side fender apron, where the battery was - on an '86-'93.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fordgazm said:
It is in the fender well . I'm sure you could use one of those aftermarket catch cans and plumb it to work with the washer fluid .
I know its in the fenderwell! :dunce:

I wanted to get it out of the way to make sure my supercharger path is not blocked. The problem is the part sticks out of the fender into the engine bay.

All the pump is a pump with two outlets right? One side to suck in water and the other to pump it out? I've never taken the washer reservoir apart.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
GhostDog 5.0 said:
All the pump is a pump with two outlets right? One side to suck in water and the other to pump it out? I've never taken the washer reservoir apart.
Nah, actually it's more like a typical DC electric motor, with an impeller on the shaft. I believe it works just like the waterpump on your engine.
I guess I'd maybe scope out some reservoir/pump assemblies from different kinds of cars in the boneyard. You might just eyeball something which will work. The only connections to be made should be the hose, 12V+, & -, and however you end up fastening it to your car.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
do you use the washer spray on a regular basis? i dont think i have ever used mine, and if i were in your position i would probably just take out the whole bottle and not worry about it. carry a squeegee in the car if you need to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.