Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My husband & I are driving 60 miles tomorrow morning to look at a 2012 Red Candy, Black Top Convertible Mustang. We weren't planning on buying until the end of the year, but it seems there isn't a lot of inventory out there, particularly in this color that we want, & we're concerned if we wait we might not find what we want then. This car is a V6 Premium 3.7L Auto, Rapid Spec 202A V6 Pony Package, Rear Decklid Spoiler. It doesn't have the backup camera thing, which we kind of wanted. It has leater trim sport seats, power 6 way driver seat, ambient lighting, single CD, SYNC, etc. MYKEY, which I'm not sure what that is.

They are asking $34,740, but Edmunds said Invoice was $32,083 & True market price was $33,009. Is it reasonable to work around these numbers? I did FINALLY get a $750 private cash in the mail.

I'm just hoping for any kind of guidance anyone can offer. We're not "car" people & we are flying blind when it comes to this kind of stuff. I just try to research to try to get the best car & bet deal I can! I'm very excited!!! This is my wonderful hubby's 10th anniversary present to me!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than invoice-rebates for any Mustang. Maybe 500 over if you're not into haggling much. 33,000 definitely shouldn't be a problem and if they won't do it there are tons of dealers that will.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry that title should be 2012, not 2010! :yelwacko:

I don't guess paying in cash (check) or paying down a large amt makes any difference to the salespeople does it? We could do this, but I read somewhere that it wouldn't matter & we would really rather not do this is way. Is there anything we would check out on the car before we leave the dealership before we leave since we are not purchasing locally like we usually do? Especially since this is a high performance car & not our usulaly SUV's or trucks! Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw your post on the other thread. Congratulations on the new Mustang. I'm glad you got it on your terms. Post some pics and what you think of it after a few days of driving it.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Word of advice get their bottom bottom line price and don't let me tell you they are not coming down any lower, because they lie and they will you have to get down to the nitty gritty and get the final and lowest price for the car! Then You can tell them you have a down payment, never tell them you are putting money down until they have come down to the lowest price on the car, and if they ask if your trading or putting anything down just say not as of now, then once they give you the best price on the car, say I just got off the phone with my bank and they told me I have some extra cash in the bank Badddaboom they can not retract their price then they have to give you the price before still plus your down payment or trade! Good luck and i would shoot for $32,000 then use your $750 customer cash and don't tell them you have that coupon until the end also, I got my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium Automatic, 19" rims for $30,600 with taxes and tags included in that price!! I also traded my 10 GT in so I only financed $23,500!! :smilie Sorry if I told you something you already knew, just hate seeing someone get taken at a stealership I meant dealership! ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I appreciate any & all advice. That is what I was looking for. We didn't trade in at all & we didn't discuss the customer cash until we finished the deal. My husband really knows how to handle this, but I just wasn't sure about what dealers were willing to take right now & for this type of car. We couldn't come to an agreement after giving a bottom offer & actually got up & left & almost made it to our car & the general mgr sent him back out after us. So it's all good! I ended up w/ the most awesome anniversary present ever! Now we have just got to order a spare tire since they don't put them in the cars anymore, just a stupid inflation kit that DH is not satisfied w/!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.