Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Feel free to put up pictures of your ride with your shinny new rims on it... I'm getting a new 2012 here in a month and want to see what are some good options for rims.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
361 Posts
These are NZO's Halo II's 18X9.5 all around.

·
Registered
257 Posts
20x9 20x11 Forgestar F14.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
/\ I wanted the RTRs, but after seeing that they are almost 30lbs per wheel set me off.

(PS. Sorry for interrupting the pics.)

They are nice wheels though!

·
Registered
500 Posts
20 x 10 and 20 x 8.5 TSW Nurburgring Gun Metal Black. Light as hell to :bigthumbsup

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
/\ I wanted the RTRs, but after seeing that they are almost 30lbs per wheel set me off.

(PS. Sorry for interrupting the pics.)

They are nice wheels though!
The TSW's above are 22lbs each for the 20x8's i believe and the 24lbs 20x10s for a total of 92lbs. These are considered by most to be 'light weight' wheels.

28lbs each on the RTRs make it 112lbs total, for a net difference of....... drum roll..........

20lbs.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
The TSW's above are 22lbs each for the 20x8's i believe and the 24lbs 20x10s for a total of 92lbs. These are considered by most to be 'light weight' wheels.

28lbs each on the RTRs make it 112lbs total, for a net difference of....... drum roll..........

20lbs.

Just sayin.
There's been a long debacle about rotating mass and the exponential amount of energy required to rotate an object of the same size with greater weight vs lighter weight and how this effects the vehicles power. I won't get into it. The wheels I'm looking at getting are 22lbs all around, so thats over a 30lbs difference. 30lbs is heavier, regardless of how you 'look' at it, or what philosophy (science) you follow. :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
There's been a long debacle about rotating mass and the exponential amount of energy required to rotate an object of the same size with greater weight vs lighter weight and how this effects the vehicles power. I won't get into it. The wheels I'm looking at getting are 22lbs all around, so thats over a 30lbs difference. 30lbs is heavier, regardless of how you 'look' at it, or what philosophy (science) you follow. :)
No worries, my point was it just to trivialize the amount of weight you compromise in favor of getting the wheels you want. Get what makes you happy, all that matters.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Feel free to put up pictures of your ride with your shinny new rims on it... I'm getting a new 2012 here in a month and want to see what are some good options for rims.
:bigthumbsup
Black GT500 19x8.5 all around

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Pony Boy, how dose your stang handle in the now??? i live in AK and its going to be my DD... i have been driving my 04 GT for 5 years now and i can honstly say i can drive better than most 4x4's or AWD's. But alot has to do with they typ of tire.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
car is pretty slippery in fresh snow when you go anywhere near the throttle (as can be expected). I am running michelin x ice tires (p235/50) and they are very good for such a low profile snow tire. definitely grip much better on snow and ice than my pirellis. i couldnt even back into my driveway when i had the priellis and there was snow on the ground. the rear end would just sway back and forth like a pendulum. but if you get the right winter tires, and drive carefully and conservatively you should have no problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya I know what you mean... I somehow made it 3 winters on all season tires and then I finally bought a pair of winter studs for my 04 and it makes a world of difference... my 04 has a 2 in drop and I could plow through over a foot of snow... I think for the new stang I’m going to keep the stock rims and put studs on those so I can have 2 complete sets of tires and rims.

I might try to find some solid black or black with chrome lip 20” x 8.5” Front and 20” x 10” Rear Foose Legends or Nitrous

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just got my 2012 Boss 302 wheels installed last week.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts