Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I seen no difference in ¼ mile ET’s, I ran my fastest time with the stock intake…

I would suggest this… take your money you are going to piss away on the boss 302 intake, if installing it on a none boss long block… add some to it and buy a aluminum or carbon fiber drive shaft…
You will see better results in acceleration, you don’t have to wing your engine past the designed red line to see an improvement in horse power to the rear wheels and you do not lose torque…
Down side to this… when you raise your hood, the engine looks the same…

·
Registered
548 Posts
I seen no difference in ¼ mile ET’s, I ran my fastest time with the stock intake…

I would suggest this… take your money you are going to piss away on the boss 302 intake, if installing it on a none boss long block… add some to it and buy a aluminum or carbon fiber drive shaft…
You will see better results in acceleration, you don’t have to wing your engine past the designed red line to see an improvement in horse power to the rear wheels and you do not lose torque…
Down side to this… when you raise your hood, the engine looks the same…
What gearing do you have and what are you rpm are you pulling to with the boss intake manifold at the track?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
@cshiznitzj
I would speed shift after the tech started flashing, roughly 7100... I tried several different rpm gear changes... Dyno sheet attached, STP corrected, that dyno showed 375 hp at the rear wheels, that would make it about 450 at the flywheel...
Manual transmission, 3.73 gears...
At Bandimere, local drag strip...
I was beat by a half a second by a red 2011 GT, the mods that car had... CAI, SS headers, x-pipe and aluminum drive shaft, stock 18 inch wheels and tires, manual and e-mail tune...
I had the boss intake, C&L CAI, Kooks long tubes, h-pipe, Nitto NT05 tires and e-mail tune from the same vendor...
I know the NT05 are not a drag tire, but they do hook better then stock... 60' times, I was quicker... The Red GT 5.0 beat me on the big end... after 300 feet he was ahead and pulled away...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.