Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 65 Fastback and want to convert to either a Shelby GT350R/S or H.
For those who own either an original or clone, I could sure use the help. Could you please post your current project - original condition,restored or restored clone pics.
Here's a few shots of mine.

Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:)Here are some pictures of #025,which was actually the fourth 65 Shelby to go out the door.It was known as the Cyclone car because the original owner was the owner of Cyclone Headers.(The company,not just a set. :gringreen )I'm still waiting for some pictures of 048.I guess I'll have to go remind a certain somebody of who can make life miserable for them should she choose to.:) Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
And a couple more just for fun.:) On the first one you will notice that the export brace bolts are evenly spaced instead of the two and two configuration used on a mustang that came with the normal cowl braces.On the second one,big ole Galaxie radiator and ducts for cooling the front discs.The third one is a picture of the piece that the 65 Shelbys used to hold down the middle of the grille molding pieces.The 65 pony and corral assembly had the legs that went up to the hood latch bucket assembly and down to hold the grille moldings.Since the 65 Shelbys didn't use the pony,they had to make a piece to hold the middle down,much like Ford did on the 66 mustangs.It is obviously very different,though,and unique to the 65 Shelbys,which they only built five hundred and sixty something of,so it is a very rare piece.Hope all of that helps.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice cars! 65 Fastback - how long have you had that one? I like it just how it is.

Cool machine you got Veronica!

I'm still trying to decide what to get. I almost went with a 05 Mustang GT, after driving the V6 and wondering where the heck the HP went after you get to third gear.

Now I'm considering a turnkey resto-mod or a replica if I can find one around the same price as a loaded 05-06 GT. I only wanted the new one for the creature comforts, so an old 65-68 would be great with some A/C and lumbar bucket seats.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again.:)Those are pictures of two different 65 Shelbys.Not clones.The real deal.If either one of them was mine I'd be so silly happy that people wouldn't even come around me anymore,but,alas,they are not mine.Oh,well.Maybe someday.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greetings!

I have had the old girl a year ago mid June. After all the work I put into the cooling system - correct radiator,hoses,tower clamps,water pump,heater core,etc.,. the correct V8 setup parts - drivetrain mostly are few and far between. I'm seriously considering not doing a clone and fixing up the existing car. The only non-original thing I would consider would be repainting it a different color. The white is ok, but the GT350 stripes would certianly make it more appealing. Although a 6 cyl car, it is a 65 Fastback and any restoration, even changing the exterior color, will not going to depreciate it. I like the Lemans blue from the mid year corvettes along with Mulsane blue from the early 70,71 corvette and accent with the GT 350 stripe pattern in a silver gray. The Ford blue color choices were not as rich. On another note, with gas jumping to $3.00 a gallon today, the driveline which is original (except the motor) I can have redone. The motor, 78 200 cid inline six that takes 87 unleaded. I appreciate the input. A big hello and a "thank you" to Veronica for all her help over the last year. :)

Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.