Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just sayin, but wouldnt a car that is 5 years older show more age...?
But, I gotta say that I lean towards the one with the super coupe engine....
Lots more could be done to that.....:gringreen

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by age i mean rust, i don't want to start spending piles of money to make my car ship shape and never get close to my money back.

$2000 for all the body work
going to need tranny rebuild soon
no problems with the engine yet "knock on wood"

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
One thing is for sure... you do NOT want an 94 95 aode. They were pretty much guaranteed to go out. So since they are both 5 speed you're good.

I would get the GT but try to get the price down. Not sure what the going rate is in Canada, but around here that would go for 2000 usd. High miles AND dented door. "Mild cam?" Unless they have paperwork then it's most likely bull ****. If it's mild there will be no lopey idle. Seriously who the hell is going to do all that work for 10 hp for a mild cam but keep stock heads and stock intake manifold. An intake swap would gain more hp and be way easier of a mod. A cam swap just wouldn't make sense. It's like saying you had a low mileage engine bored over for more HP, yet kept everything else stock down to the air filter.

Just sayin, but wouldnt a car that is 5 years older show more age...?
But, I gotta say that I lean towards the one with the super coupe engine....
Lots more could be done to that.....:gringreen
Ummmm NO. Add that 10 lbs boost to the stock 5.0 and get 300 to the wheels. Add heads, cam, intake, and get 400-450 rw. How man Sc's are making over 300 let alone 400 and how much are they spending to do it? There's an abundance of used 5.0 aftermarket parts or Explorer stuff at the junkyard for dirt cheap. You can't say the same for the SC.

Who knows what kind of work was done on the SC'd stang. Maybe they hacked up the wiring. Was the tuning done correctly? They could have thrown the SC top end on a stock V6 bottom end and it could be ready to go boom at any time. If it is a SC bottom end, you would not know if the mileage is what the seller claims.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well I really like the fact of having a super coupe engine in a mustang. Its what ford should have done but never did...
And dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the 5.0.
I want one as a project car soon as i can get one...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
personally im leaning towards the 5.0
got an insurance quote on it and its actually $10 a month less than my 2000 v6 (250/month)
I cant get an online quote for a vehicle with "aftermarket supercharged modifications"

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Is it really aftermarket since it came from another ford vehicle??
You could bet the insurance will be higher for that though...
The 5.0 looks clean and I like the wheels on it. As much as I like the other, the 5.0 would probably be more practical for you..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts