Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start dressing up under my hood, and I think I'm going to have my timing cover, intake manifold, C&L tube and alternator powdercoated, along with buying some nice looking valve covers, and maybe adding some billet stuff under there.

What color would you go with? I'm thinking black chrome, which doesn't really look like real black chrome, but more like a nice grey.

I'm open to any suggestions except for gloss black or green. I'm just not much into the "match your paint" thing.

Here's a picture for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
i vote a gray, not as light as aluminum, but also not as dark as gunmetal. kind of like the anthracite of the bullitt wheels. i think that would look really nice with the DHG.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now, the Trick Flow valve covers painted DHG surrounded by silver may look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I got the new Moroso valve cover and they are so amazing its not even funny I had them polished also so they don't come like that but even how they come stock is really nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would do a billet engine dress up (pwr steering cap,oil cap, ect...)

with DHG valve covers

maybe steel braided hoses

paint the engine bay black chome

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
+1 on the DHG valve covers, I haven't seen that done before. And the silver like you said. Billet her up. Yeah that sounds pretty sweet. Got me thinking about painting up some Sonic Blue valve covers for my car. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the exact color I had in mind, but those pictures don't do the color justice when you see it in person......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
very nice. i think a combo of that and DHG would look reall nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.